Windows 10: virus scan

Discus and support virus scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mumford44, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Mumford44 Win User

virus scan

My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at it hours later. Can't find anything on it.

:)

Mumford44, Jul 11, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

virus scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

virus scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Jul 11, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

virus scan

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

Thema:

virus scan

1. virus scan - Similar Threads - virus scan

2. virus scan and removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus scan and removal: hello, how can i scan and remove viruses? is there any tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-and-removal/c1428f4c-fee2-474a-b2a9-d9f3daba5e3a
  3. DOWNLOAD FAILED - VIRUS SCAN FAILED - ALL BROWSERS - TRIED ALL AVAILABLE FIXES

DOWNLOAD FAILED - VIRUS SCAN FAILED - ALL BROWSERS - TRIED ALL AVAILABLE FIXES: I have quite literally attempted ALL EXISTING FIXES , nothing has worked i have removed all instances of any 3rd party anti virus from the registry edit manually, what have you people done to my computer , your update has completely broken my ability to download anything from...
  4. I can't download anything - the message is just 'couldn't download - virus scan failed'

I can't download anything - the message is just 'couldn't download - virus scan failed': All of a sudden I can't download anything - the message is just 'couldn't download - virus scan failed'. It happens for everything I try even pictures I have previously downloaded. I cant find any way to switch it off or look at the settings. Can anyone help please?...
  5. Virus scan failed

Virus scan failed: I keep getting virus scan failed each time I download. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/dbd04c10-9fd6-4023-8869-7f74170beacd
  6. Virus Scan failed

Virus Scan failed: For the past few months, I have been unable to download ANYTHING over a browser. I have tried using different internet providers, different antivirus software, and web browsers and nothing works. Please help me resolve this major issue because my computer has not been able to...
  7. the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from...
  8. the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from...
  9. Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list: Recently the Windows defender on my PC gave me a notification about a StopCrypt.MYK!MTB ransomware virus which has been moved into quarantine. The problem is that whenever click on remove the system gives me a notification that Remediation Incomplete.I tried to just scan the...
  10. Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list

Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list: Recently the Windows defender on my PC gave me a notification about a StopCrypt.MYK!MTB ransomware virus which has been moved into quarantine. The problem is that whenever click on remove the system gives me a notification that Remediation Incomplete.I tried to just scan the...