Windows 10: virus scan

Discus and support virus scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to do security scan on a thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/dba873a3-d356-45fa-bab7-0977f650e98c Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nsync9, Apr 4, 2021.

1. nsync9 Win User

virus scan

How to do security scan on a thumb drive?

:)

nsync9, Apr 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

virus scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

virus scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Apr 4, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

virus scan

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

Thema:

virus scan

1. virus scan - Similar Threads - virus scan

2. Is virus scanning an external hard drive more effective than scanning your computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is virus scanning an external hard drive more effective than scanning your computer?: I know that scanning your computer when infected is next to useless for detecting malware. I have heard that connecting a clean computer to the infected computer to scan is more useful for detecting malware, does this concept also apply with external hard drives? Will I be...
  3. continually get "Failed-Virus scan failed" on every attempted download

continually get "Failed-Virus scan failed" on every attempted download: Really need to download a program and I continually get "Failed-Virus scan failed" on every attempted download. Really need some help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/continually-get-failed-virus-scan-failed-on-every/093ab5cc-a11b-491a-bedf-fba16301ee50
  4. Microsoft safety scanner shows no virus, spyware.... but while scanning it showed me 14...

Microsoft safety scanner shows no virus, spyware.... but while scanning it showed me 14...: Dear members upon a deep scan of Microsoft safety scanner for a period of 4 hrs, it showed me 14 infected files in the mid way of scan. but after completing around 80% of scan, scanning stopped and visible text result was scan completed ,no spyware, virusus,and other...
  5. Does scanning an external hard drive for viruses delete data?

Does scanning an external hard drive for viruses delete data?: I have an external hard drive that I know has some viruses on it in the files I transferred. I'm wondering if I scan the drive for viruses will it delete my personal data? Do viruses attach to other files or are they separate files hidden within the folders of your personal...
  6. Virus Scan Failed Solutions Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus Scan Failed Solutions Not Working: My default browser is Google Chrome. Anytime I try to download anything from Chrome I get the "virus scan failed" message. I had the issue before a few months back, and when I did the whole registry editor thing it worked itself out. Now, however, everytime I try to do it...
  7. Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed

Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed: Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed. I aslo cant turn on my microsoft defender anti virus, I have tried changing the value to 1 ive tried uninstalling all other anti virus things nothing has worked...
  8. Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses

Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses: Does Defender have the option to scan for the USB drives, portable HHD, etc. for viruses? If not, please and have others upvote my feedback in the hub. https://aka.ms/AAcwf5o...
  9. virus scan failed work around not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan failed work around not working: I was trying the workaround where you go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments but the attachments file didn't seem to show up, as well as anything else that might be related to policies. I am also having issues with downloading...
  10. Virus Scan Problem

Virus Scan Problem: When I press Quick scan or other scan Options it doesn't work or when I keep pressing it nothing changes it doesn't start scanning checking for updates also don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-problem/1e51c9f7-abc3-4036-8536-f4674b7536be