Windows 10: Virus Scan

Discus and support Virus Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did a virus scan, and it detected a registry key and value: HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/DRSPU and also CLIENTID at the end.It detected it as a PUP.Is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarsenTomko, May 11, 2021.

1. Virus Scan

I did a virus scan, and it detected a registry key and value: HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/DRSPU and also CLIENTID at the end.It detected it as a PUP.Is it really a threat?Please let me know ASAP.Virus Scan: Malwarebytes Premium Trial

:)

CarsenTomko, May 11, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Virus Scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Virus Scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, May 11, 2021
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, May 11, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

Thema:

Virus Scan

1. Virus Scan - Similar Threads - Virus Scan

2. Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses: Does Defender have the option to scan for the USB drives, portable HHD, etc. for viruses? If not, please and have others upvote my feedback in the hub. https://aka.ms/AAcwf5o...
  3. virus scan failed work around not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan failed work around not working: I was trying the workaround where you go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments but the attachments file didn't seem to show up, as well as anything else that might be related to policies. I am also having issues with downloading...
  4. Virus Scan Problem

Virus Scan Problem: When I press Quick scan or other scan Options it doesn't work or when I keep pressing it nothing changes it doesn't start scanning checking for updates also don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-problem/1e51c9f7-abc3-4036-8536-f4674b7536be
  5. Unable to download anything! Failed - Virus Scan failed

Unable to download anything! Failed - Virus Scan failed: Hi! I am unable to download anything, no photos, no document. When I try to download I get this message: "Failed - Virus Scan failed".I have no idea what to do. Please help!...
  6. Windows denfender anti virus scan saying no new threats were found

Windows denfender anti virus scan saying no new threats were found: so today i scanned my pc and windows defender said no new threats were founddoes this mean i have a virus and windows removed it previously or does it just say thatcause i scan my pc once every 3 days and ive never had a virus and i never do any sketchy things like go on...
  7. Windows Defender finds virus in deleted folder every time I run a quick scan and can’t...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender finds virus in deleted folder every time I run a quick scan and can’t...: I’ve turned on hidden folders but I can’t find the folder anywhere. Could the files still be present somehow? submitted by /u/ucalex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mla36v/windows_defender_finds_virus_in_deleted_folder/
  8. virus scan

virus scan: How to do security scan on a thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/dba873a3-d356-45fa-bab7-0977f650e98c
  9. PC won't boot in normal, won't run virus scans in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't boot in normal, won't run virus scans in safe mode: My Dell PC won't boot up in normal so I went into safe mode. I tried running Windows virus scan (quick, full and Windows Defender Offline scan) but it doesn't do anything. A pop up from the Defender scan says the computer will restart so save any work, but the doesn't...
  10. online virus scan

online virus scan: I want to run a virus scan . Suggest any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/online-virus-scan/08f9c9b6-542f-418a-bb43-7156d4a1de62