Windows 10: Virus scan

Discus and support Virus scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Part of the way through the scan the Microsoft scan records 44 infected files, but on completion it reports no malware detected. Why the inconsistency?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ElyKev, Aug 25, 2021.

1. ElyKev Win User

Virus scan

Part of the way through the scan the Microsoft scan records 44 infected files, but on completion it reports no malware detected. Why the inconsistency?

:)

ElyKev, Aug 25, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Virus scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Virus scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Aug 25, 2021
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Aug 25, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus scan

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

Thema:

Virus scan

1. Virus scan - Similar Threads - Virus scan

2. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus: Hi!Title is pretty self explanatory, I'm getting a blue screen when trying to use my antivirus to do a quick scan. I also have a separate issue where I cannot play games for more than a couple minutes without crashing with a persistent error.Here are the crash logs of the...
  3. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus: Hi!Title is pretty self explanatory, I'm getting a blue screen when trying to use my antivirus to do a quick scan. I also have a separate issue where I cannot play games for more than a couple minutes without crashing with a persistent error.Here are the crash logs of the...
  4. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Virus scan failed!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus scan failed!!: I only use windows defender I cannot download or update the virus package I shut windows defender completely off including the firewall still cannot download anything please help...
  6. Virus scan failed!!

Virus scan failed!!: I only use windows defender I cannot download or update the virus package I shut windows defender completely off including the firewall still cannot download anything please help...
  7. Virus scan failed!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans: I'm adding rocket league to the exclusions from Microsoft defender anti-virus scan. I click add an exclusion, then I select the rocket league app and click open. After that, It doesn't show up in the exclusions. When I try to run the game, the anti-virus still blocks rocket...
  9. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans: I'm adding rocket league to the exclusions from Microsoft defender anti-virus scan. I click add an exclusion, then I select the rocket league app and click open. After that, It doesn't show up in the exclusions. When I try to run the game, the anti-virus still blocks rocket...
  10. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security