Windows 10: Virus scanner detects a virus, says I will be able to see it when scan is done, when scan...

Discus and support Virus scanner detects a virus, says I will be able to see it when scan is done, when scan... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, My windows defender recently displayed this message: "Preliminary scan results show that malicious or potentially unwanted software might exist... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alibaba7, Nov 7, 2020.

1. alibaba7 Win User

Virus scanner detects a virus, says I will be able to see it when scan is done, when scan...

Hi,

My windows defender recently displayed this message: "Preliminary scan results show that malicious or potentially unwanted software might exist on your system. You can review detected items when the scan has completed.!

Only thing is, when the scan completes there is nothing to see anywhere. Not in the History under "Quarantined Items", "Allowed Items" or "All Detected Items".

I suspect that there is really something on my machine because it started acting a bit "buggy". For example, Windows Defender flashed me a red warning one time, that said my machine was infected, but this warning just flashed and then disappeared.

Then upon start up my computer just froze, it would not take any inputs. I have had this computer running Windows 8.1 for over five years and nothing like that has EVER happened. I have never had a blue screen or a crash on this computer running Windows 8.1 and as far as I can remember, I never had a problem with any viruses.

I down loaded and ran the Microsoft malicious software removal tool. It showed me one infected file during the scan which had disappeared by the end of the scan.

I ran Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes found nothing. What now?

-M

PS: I am very satisfied with Windows 8.1 btw. It is the best Microsoft product that I ever bought and I hate to have to give it up for Windows 10. I have seen Windows 10 on friends' computers and I DO NOT LIKE IT.

:)

alibaba7, Nov 7, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

23 Free On-Demand Virus Scanners

I have tried most and they do work.
    Some add themselves to the context menu to give the scan option.
    Some, you have to dis-able the auto scanning.

It is sort of what is to your taste and liking... hard to say use this or that.

Try one, remove it. You can always create a restore point to use as a reference starting point, if needed.

My personal preferences are Emsisoft or Sophos; with EMCO as an alternative.

95Viper, Nov 7, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

4. Virus scanner detects a virus, says I will be able to see it when scan is done, when scan...

WinRAR virus scan setup

If you are using Windows 10.

In the Virus scanner name text box you should type

In the virus scanner parameters text box you should type

That is it...

Sergio René Torres Corrales, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Virus scanner detects a virus, says I will be able to see it when scan is done, when scan...

1. Virus scanner detects a virus, says I will be able to see it when scan is done, when scan... - Similar Threads - Virus scanner detects

2. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  3. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  4. Virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus scan: Part of the way through the scan the Microsoft scan records 44 infected files, but on completion it reports no malware detected. Why the inconsistency? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/b07b8daa-2dd6-4889-95dc-69f1b930434f
  5. Virus Scan

Virus Scan: I did a virus scan, and it detected a registry key and value: HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/DRSPU and also CLIENTID at the end.It detected it as a PUP.Is it really a threat?Please let me know ASAP.Virus Scan: Malwarebytes Premium Trial...
  6. virus scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan: any time I try to download anything I get "virus scan failed" everything is up to date on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/8ba5cd90-ea3e-4b87-a252-b479291cb15d
  7. virus scans

virus scans: Hi folks i need a safe and hopefully free and effective scan. i can't remove a request for the nvidia control platform after deleting nividia driver updates I did'nt need or use. Thank you....
  8. virus scan

virus scan: My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at it hours later. Can't find anything on it....
  9. virus scan

virus scan: defender virus scanning not work? Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/e79013c5-98b4-4c40-8276-3ceb5b3c5175
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...