Windows 10: Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans.

Discus and support Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a glitch where the virus scanning is stuck at a specific hour and stuck at a specific number of files scan. I suppose it might be because of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GoldenSniper874, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans.

I have a glitch where the virus scanning is stuck at a specific hour and stuck at a specific number of files scan. I suppose it might be because of the last two full scans I did. The first one closed with lag, the second one stopped working because of this same exact glitch. Did I break Windows Defender? Help?

Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans. 0a6f2642-f3b8-4c4e-b338-cb1b6f3caad9?upload=true.png

:)

GoldenSniper874, Mar 21, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

3. Kursah Win User
    Virus Scan ONLY tool?

Are you using something beyond MBAM Free? Do you mean Malware/Virus when you say Virus? Seeing that Malwarebytes is primarily an anti-malware utility. I just want to make sure I'm making the right recommendations...though I'm not sure what doesn't scan for both anymore.

You could always download ADW, JRT, RKILL, and use those in unison as manual scans or pick the one that you like the most. I use RKILL to kill known running processes, then run ADW and that takes care of a lot...I do still depend on MBAM and in fact I bought a lifetime premium license...so far it's been really good. I am considering turning off the live scan and going back to just the timed scans...but really it stays out of the way for the most part.

MSE with live scanning disabled will do manual scanning. You could download the old Malwarebytes 1.75 and use that...I think they'll still allow updates to the definitions without forcing the update to 2.0. Don't quote me on that, but I have seen a few PC's come through the shop that still have 1.75 on them. I have an old 1.75 Free installer if you want to try.

Kursah, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Reefer86 Win User

Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans.

Best virus scan tool - what do you use

hi guys, need a virus scan, i want a very low resources virus scan and protection. NO anoying pop ups or having a mind of its own. i would love to hear your views.

Thanks Reefer. *Pimp Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans. :pimp:

Reefer86, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans.

1. Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans. - Similar Threads - Virus scanning stuck

2. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  3. after the full scan viruses are automatically removed ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after the full scan viruses are automatically removed ??: after the full scan viruses are automatically removed ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-full-scan-viruses-are-automatically/db1f01e9-3ac6-432d-bea8-79e0e8d7d25f
  4. after the full scan viruses are automatically removed ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after the full scan viruses are automatically removed ??: after the full scan viruses are automatically removed ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-full-scan-viruses-are-automatically/db1f01e9-3ac6-432d-bea8-79e0e8d7d25f
  5. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to full anti-virus scan: Dear Community,Thanks for reading the question I have. In order to save a lot of time, I would like to make a shortcut to a full anti-virus scan in Windows 10. I have tried the following link,instructions to short cut and can get through steps 1 through 5. But when it asks me...
  6. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcut to full anti-virus scan: Dear Community,Thanks for reading the question I have. In order to save a lot of time, I would like to make a shortcut to a full anti-virus scan in Windows 10. I have tried the following link,instructions to short cut and can get through steps 1 through 5. But when it asks me...
  7. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Virus Scan

Virus Scan: I did a virus scan, and it detected a registry key and value: HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/DRSPU and also CLIENTID at the end.It detected it as a PUP.Is it really a threat?Please let me know ASAP.Virus Scan: Malwarebytes Premium Trial...
  9. virus scan

virus scan: My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at it hours later. Can't find anything on it....
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...