Windows 10: Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!

Discus and support Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; OK, I have some problems with Windows home 10 Swedish. I get error messages that .Net has done an exception 5-10 times / day and other small strange... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JonasErik_77, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!

OK, I have some problems with Windows home 10 Swedish. I get error messages that .Net has done an exception 5-10 times / day and other small strange things happen. I was tired of this so I went for a full scan and did not find anything. I installed (one at a time) fsecure, Kapersky, Norton, and some more with same result. They only fund some viruses in outlook attachment (that I would not have clicked on). So I was starting to give up. Maybe it’s not an virus anyway???. Well something did happen when i installed Norton. It started suddenly to plop up the uninstall guide without I did anything!!! I know something was not 100% ok.

Also one of the times I run Microsoft security it crashed halfway in the scan.. And one of the other scanners went from scanning 50% progress to complete in one second!

So I rebooted the computer in antivurus resuce Cds: I had to test 3 diffrent ones before node32 fund something that may be a virus in boot part /efi/boot/sv-SE/*mui files files. Also if I look at the files I have 4 different languages, All mui files have the same file size except the Swedish files

So this is the question should all files be the same size in different languages?
    When i removed the file that node32 thought looked suspicious all my problems went away!!, Should i also remove the mui file in sv-se dir that has other size then rest of them?

:)

JonasErik_77, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Niarod Win User
    Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Nick89 Win User

Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!

Do you use an ANTI Virus program?

NONE.

I don't go anywhere that would require me to need an antivirus.

Most antivirus companies make virus's so people will feel the need to 'buy' an antivirus program.

I've never seen an antivirus program that actually worked.

Nick89, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!

1. Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds! - Similar Threads - Virus none antivirus

2. Antivirus Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus Program: I'm so stress of finding third party antivirus program that has low cpu usage. All antivirus programs have high cpu usage after their updates. I will just install antimalware scanner is enough without installing antivirus. Is it safe enough?...
  3. Antivirus Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus Program: If I install antivirus program and Windows defenders will be disabled automatically, is it blocking genshin impact and if genshin preinstallation and update comes, is it blocking genshin?...
  4. Antivirus Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus Program: If I install antivirus program and Windows defenders will be disabled automatically, is it blocking genshin impact and if genshin preinstallation and update comes, is it blocking genshin?...
  5. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none: I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been...
  6. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none: I just ran MSERT, my go to "double check" for viruses my machine is well protected.While running last night it showed 85 viruses etc had been found. But when it finished this morning it reported that the scan had completed successfully, and no viruses etc had been...
  7. MSERT finds "viruses", then reports none

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,In my last virus scan my antivirus program presumably detected a high risk item and deleted it. The item name goes like this; "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.RemoteDesktop_10.2.1810..........and it goes on"AV program identifies it as "Heur.Generic." Was that a...
  9. antivirus program

antivirus program: do i need an antivirus program for my Surface laptop 4 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-program/6cf2cd0b-2138-47a9-8197-60065c3e6a27
  10. I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.: Hello! I have a virus that whenever I run Google Chrome and click on a new page, a pop up randomly appears and attempts to hide itself. The goal of the virus is to log my facebook information and hack my account, but luckily I blocked the app it attempts to enable. The...