Windows 10: Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available

Discus and support Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I had a Norton Deluxe installed on my window 11. I didn't want to renew it, so I uninstalled it and went to enable my Virus & Thread Protection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FarhadMoghimi, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available

Hello,I had a Norton Deluxe installed on my window 11. I didn't want to renew it, so I uninstalled it and went to enable my Virus & Thread Protection in my Windows Security. Surprisingly, there is no Icon for that in my security section!I attached a photo of my panel. Any idea?Is it safe not having Windows Virus Protection? Should I renew my Norton membership?

:)

FarhadMoghimi, Jan 15, 2022

2. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Jan 15, 2022
  3. 7MM
    7mm Win User
    Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

4. Paulo GM Win User

Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available

Virus and threat protection not working

Hi GuninSingh, I am Paulo. I'm an Independent Advisor and an individual like you inclined to help.

You may see the suggestions in this thread to resolve the issue

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

I hope this helps.

Paulo GM, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available

1. Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available - Similar Threads - Virus Thread Protection

2. Why it tells no provider on Virus & thread protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why it tells no provider on Virus & thread protection?: Antivirus not visible on Windows security app and no providers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-tells-no-provider-on-virus-thread/5ae9b1c0-eb82-4e69-9cb7-11ee1672b352
  3. virus and threat protection not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat protection not available: the Virus & threat protection is not working .Page not available your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this appi traid some youtube videos for help and it didn't work pls help me ....
  4. virus and threat protection not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus and threat protection not available: the Virus & threat protection is not working .Page not available your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this appi traid some youtube videos for help and it didn't work pls help me ....
  5. Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available: Hello,I had a Norton Deluxe installed on my window 11. I didn't want to renew it, so I uninstalled it and went to enable my Virus & Thread Protection in my Windows Security. Surprisingly, there is no Icon for that in my security section!I attached a photo of my panel. Any...
  6. Virus and threat protection not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection not available: Good day well i have a problem with my windows defender , whenever i try downloading things the antivirus notifies me that virus detected , now when i go to Security at glance i cant find the virus and threat protection the pc tells me that your IT administrator has limited...
  7. Virus & Thread Protection

Virus & Thread Protection: Why My Virus & Thread Protection Has Stopped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-thread-protection/3db89fd5-b049-418a-8266-b10723ca893b
  8. Virus and Threat protection not available.

Virus and Threat protection not available.: When I open Windows Defender, the Virus and threat protection tab is not visible. I can search for it in the start menu, but a window pops up saying my IT administrator has limited access to it This is my personal home computer. I went into the Local Group Policy editor to...
  9. Virus and thread protection is mannaged by something

Virus and thread protection is mannaged by something: Hello. It says have no antivirus ongoing. In the menu of Safetyproviders in the pop down there is no possibility for me to turn on windows anti virus. I have tried many things. Any thing you can think of to do? Also I have problems with startupchecklibrary.dll...
  10. Virus and Protection: Page not available

Virus and Protection: Page not available: I keep on getting this kind of error message. I tried removing all remnants of my previous anti-virus using removal tool. I tried to fix it using gpedit. I tried cmd when removing antispyware, still not working. What other options you, guys, can recommend? [ATTACH]...