Windows 10: Virus threat in version 1909 deletes everything by extentsion .exe

Discus and support Virus threat in version 1909 deletes everything by extentsion .exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Both my desktop and my laptop were affected by unknown viruses and deleted all my apps and games.. Am stack because windows defender and sfcfailed to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sp----RZ, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Sp----RZ Win User

Virus threat in version 1909 deletes everything by extentsion .exe

Both my desktop and my laptop were affected by unknown viruses and deleted all my apps and games.. Am stack because windows defender and sfcfailed to catch the virus. I tried to reset my computer but it was just like trying to drive a car without fuel.. It deleted almost every .exe filesMaking them 0b.

How can I get back my file, and how can I overcome this attack.

:)

Sp----RZ, Jul 6, 2020
  2. imwhomim Win User

Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, Jul 6, 2020
  3. jimk0512 Win User
    Virus protection off after upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909

Upgraded two Windows 10 computers from 1903 to 1909 using Optional choice that showed up on Windows Update. Both computers upon first boot showed warning icon for Windows Security. After opening WIndows Security, both computers showed that Virus & Threat
    protection were off.

I have fixed this by clicking on Virus & Threat Protection, and selecting the option to turn on. No other issues to report, both computers show they are running version 1909, and I am having no issues with using the computers.

I think that Microsoft should patch the upgrade to version 1909 and not leave upgraded computers in an unprotected state after restart.

jimk0512, Jul 6, 2020
  4. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Virus threat in version 1909 deletes everything by extentsion .exe - Similar Threads - Virus threat version

2. Virus threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus threat: I need to know what to do about the subject.This morning 09/04/22 a small pop-up keeps appearing in the lower right corner of my desktopWhen I click on it the next window shows thisThere were two others marked severe and high. I clicked on each one and remove then start...
  3. virus and threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat: Hello my name is Lucia and I recently restarted my whole pc so I have to redownload apps I had. I downloaded something and Windows said that there was a virus of something, but I knew it was safe. So I went to go check it out and virus and threat wont appearfor some reason....
  4. virus and threat

virus and threat: Hello my name is Lucia and I recently restarted my whole pc so I have to redownload apps I had. I downloaded something and Windows said that there was a virus of something, but I knew it was safe. So I went to go check it out and virus and threat wont appearfor some reason....
  5. Is this .exe a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this .exe a virus ?: [ATTACH] Hey everybody today i just navigate to the Win10 folder and there a .exe which names and do the same work as notepad. I don't have idea . Is there a notepad.exe in Win10 folder but according me the notepad.exe is present inside the Sys32 Folder, is this .exe a...
  6. The Virus Threats

The Virus Threats: Now having two folders that Safety Scanner made and gave me. Which have the virus threats it found. Could someone please tell me what am I supposed to do with them? Anybody?...
  7. My Virus buster deleted EXE files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Virus buster deleted EXE files.: Hey I've been having trouble with my computer lately. So my trend micro blocked and deleted the NSI.EXE file and some others in the same folder. Every time I run a cleanup or defrag, the clean up doesn't work and just gets to 'Scanning: delivery optimisation files' then...
  8. Virus threat

Virus threat: My system has been attacked by trojan virus how can I flush the threat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat/06cc17ae-176d-4274-82fb-ffcea6d00035"
  9. VIRUS THREAT

VIRUS THREAT: From: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***] Sent: Tuesday, 5 March, 2019 4:11 AM To: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Subject: apuzo Hi, this account was recently infected! Renew your password right...
  10. exe virus

exe virus: help to remove that[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exe-virus/585ba649-c702-41a6-81a8-af784896eb8d