Windows 10: Virus & Threat Protection cannot update

Discus and support Virus & Threat Protection cannot update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i bought a new laptop a few days ago. No other 3rd party AV installed. when updating virus & threat protection,I just get the thinking circle going... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Suanban, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Suanban Win User

Virus & Threat Protection cannot update

i bought a new laptop a few days ago. No other 3rd party AV installed. when updating virus & threat protection,I just get the thinking circle going round and round ... Help!

:)

Suanban, Jul 21, 2020
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Jul 21, 2020
  3. imwhomim Win User
    Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Virus & Threat Protection cannot update

Virus and Threat Protection Issue

When looking to run a virus scan on my computer, I'm met with an error that says "Virus and Threat Protection is Managed by your Organization." THis is a personal laptop though. Any suggestions?

DerrickAlvarez, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Virus & Threat Protection cannot update

1. Virus & Threat Protection cannot update - Similar Threads - Virus Threat Protection

2. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection: I cannot access my Virus and Threat Protection in my settings, it give me a prompt that says "Your IT Administrator has limited access...". My Device Security has a warning sign and I cannot click dismiss nor Go to settings. It has also a prompt message: Page not available....
  3. Virus and Threat protection cannot be enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Threat protection cannot be enabled: so basically i installed something and it had a malware in it . i tired many ways removing it but nothin seemed to work so i reset my pc with a fresh start . and everything seemed to work until i was unable to access virus and threat protection...
  4. Cannot Open Virus and Threat Protection

Cannot Open Virus and Threat Protection: Hi today my pc randomly restarted and then i couldn’t open windows virus and threat protection.I also dont have admin rights and I cant reset my pc.I literally can’t get rid of it by resetting my pc. Please if anyone can help me please let me know. [Original Title: Virus...
  5. Virus & threat Protection Update

Virus & threat Protection Update: Hello! Greeting for the Day I am unable to update my Virus & threat protection in windows security as it mentions protections definitions are out of date. Means while clicking on Check for updates . Virus threat protection is not getting updated. please do the needful...
  6. virus and threat protection updates

virus and threat protection updates: Everyday when I turn on my pc, i get a notification saying to update my virus and threat protection because it is out of date. But when i click on the check for updates button it says that my virus and threat protection is up to date. Please help me....
  7. Virus & Threat Protection cannot update

Virus & Threat Protection cannot update: I just get the thinking circle going round and round ... Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-cannot-update/f43dd82a-d2e8-446d-afd5-19b68e8003ba
  8. Virus and Threat Protection Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virus and Threat Protection Updates: I can't Update Virus and Threat Protection Updates on my PC Windows 10. I got windows 10 by Online Updating request. & now I can not update it. & ask product key or Digital License. I have not any key during 1st time Online Updating of Windows 10. what can I do with this...
  9. VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE: I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution....
  10. VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE: I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution....