Windows 10: Virus & threat protection - Controlled folder access blocked <C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe>

Discus and support Virus & threat protection - Controlled folder access blocked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Let me ask about the blocked file "WmiPrvSE.exe"..... Why it is been blocked, if I install a software - like notepad+ or .... Spotify ? Anybody... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by .Legion, May 9, 2020.

1. .Legion Win User

Virus & threat protection - Controlled folder access blocked

Let me ask about the blocked file "WmiPrvSE.exe".....

Why it is been blocked, if I install a software - like notepad+ or .... Spotify ?

Anybody knows it?

But am able to install the software !! Just this file is blocked.....

:)

.Legion, May 9, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, May 9, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, May 9, 2020
  4. Virus & threat protection - Controlled folder access blocked

Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Virus & threat protection - Controlled folder access blocked

1. Virus & threat protection - Controlled folder access blocked - Similar Threads - Virus threat protection

2. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection: I cannot access my Virus and Threat Protection in my settings, it give me a prompt that says "Your IT Administrator has limited access...". My Device Security has a warning sign and I cannot click dismiss nor Go to settings. It has also a prompt message: Page not available....
  3. Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection": Hello All,I have recently purchased Asus Tuf F-15 FX507ZV4 laptop but during some file transfer, I came to know that I unable to get access for the "Virus & threat protection". Neither I can get access of it to check the past file scanned nor to switch on-off it. I am...
  4. Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection": Hello All,I have recently purchased Asus Tuf F-15 FX507ZV4 laptop but during some file transfer, I came to know that I unable to get access for the "Virus & threat protection". Neither I can get access of it to check the past file scanned nor to switch on-off it. I am...
  5. virus and threat protection is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  6. virus and threat protection is not accessible

virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  7. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  8. how to access virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to access virus and threat protection: so i try to open virus and threat protection but it just blocks me and says your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-virus-and-threat-protection/f37282cd-dce2-4fe8-9275-7370ab175009
  9. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: [ATTACH] I am unable to access the virus and threat protectionfeature. Though I am an administrator. Please find attached the screenshot for the same....
  10. " Undo" Protected Folder access blocked in Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    " Undo" Protected Folder access blocked in Virus & Threat protection: Scanning from pc via the brother printer Control Centre4 is no problem. But scanning from the printer it self is a problem. I keep getting " Protected Folder access blocked " and pop up as shown below ControlCentre 4 Unable to write the file to " Destination Folder"...