Windows 10: "Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10

Discus and support "Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just powered up and got this alert: [ATTACH] When I hit "Restart now" I got this [ATTACH] What should I do please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

"Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10

Just powered up and got this alert:

"Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10 31fb870c-8703-4b65-95dd-a39aceaf4add?upload=true.png

When I hit "Restart now" I got this

"Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10 667da8c9-b46f-4995-bf79-24fa2cec2893?upload=true.png

What should I do please?

:)

Taffy087, Dec 18, 2018
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Virus & Threat Protection stopped and Windows Firewall is stopped

Virus & Threat Protection stopped and Windows Firewall is stopped of my PC, What is the solution? Need Help.

"Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10 796530fd-79b2-4c87-a93c-c57a1a343c40.jpg

Tamal Chakraborty, Dec 18, 2018
  4. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Thank you Le Boule for your suggestions, my confusion over this problem is that, I run Windows 10 ver 1709 on my PC and laptop, which both running Windows Defender and SuperAntiSpyware, Windows Defender works with all the bells on the laptop but not on
    the PC. So how will removing SuperAntiSpyware do the trick? I realise that the environment on the two computers could vary enormously, and as I am not an expert and don't want to tinker, having learned from bad experiences in the past. Maybe I didn't make
    myself totally clear and I appologise, Windows Defender is turned on and the only component without a green tick, is the Virus and Threat protection component, the service is turned on and on automatic. I have stopped and restarted the service, but the component
    will not restart, all I get is an error message. If Microsoft wants to bring all these applications under one umbrella, then surely they should provide a fixit tool (tools) for when a vital application such as Defender runs into problems.

I will try your suggestion of removing the third party virus protection, and hope that is successful. Thank you again.

JCH54, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. "Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Virus threat protection

2. Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: Hi.Running with Windows 11, fully up to date, tried troubleshot Windows Update and trigger manual update for Defender beforehand, nothing worked.I've tried everything in my power to resolve this but I'm reaching a dead end.At first I was missing the whole "Virus & threat...
  3. Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted

Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted: Hello. I previously had Malwarebytes premium for a year but decided to not renew it because Windows Defender would be sufficient. Since Malwarebytes reverted to the free version, windows virus and threat protection has stopped and it cannot be restarted. Below is what it...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection Stopped

Virus and Threat Protection Stopped: When I brought up the Windows Security screen, I get message "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now."When I restart, I get message "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again",I have restarted twice - some problem.When I bring up the Windows Update...
  5. Window virus and threat protection is unable to start

Window virus and threat protection is unable to start: window virus and threat protection is unable to start i followed all online measures step but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-virus-and-threat-protection-is-unable-to/b8a1f096-4eeb-4f52-abaa-bee206c32c38
  6. Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped

Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped: When I try and start Windows Defender to scan my system desktop computer, I get the following message: "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." After I click on the Restart Now button, the it appears the system is doing something. After a few minutes, I get...
  7. Virus Threat & Protection will not start

Virus Threat & Protection will not start: My Virus & Protection has stopped working. I cannot get it to start again. All I get it a pop up saying: Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again. No matter how many times I try it will not start. I restarted the computer, I turned it totally off,...
  8. windows 10 - unable to get virus and threat protection to start

windows 10 - unable to get virus and threat protection to start: have tried pressing re-start no joy. have run windows update and got this message 'Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.289.1646.0) - Error 0x80070643'. i have attempted this on a few occasions. it not install. i am not running...
  9. Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped: Hi, I recently had malware on my pc and windows defender was unable to remove it. I used some malware removers (rogue killer, unhackme and awdcleaner) and got rid of the malware. But in the process I think I also removed MsMpeng.exe which if the exe file of windows defender...
  10. Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: I have seen several question posts similar to this, but I believe I have an unusual difference to all I have found so far. I recently noticed I have started getting the message above. When I press the button to restart, it goes into "dots" for several minutes before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender threat protection stopped

2. windows 10 virus & threat protection has stopped

3. unable to restart virus threat and protection in windows 10