Windows 10: Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it...

Discus and support Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just noticed that the Virus & Threat Protection badge had a red x. Opened the Virus & Threat Protection page in settings and message says that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShawnQH, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ShawnQH Win User

Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it...

Just noticed that the Virus & Threat Protection badge had a red x. Opened the Virus & Threat Protection page in settings and message says that the service has stopped and needs to restart. Clicked on the restart button and it spins then throws up a message that says "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." Close the box and hit restart again and get the same routine.

Welcome suggestions for fixing. Thank you!

:)

ShawnQH, Feb 7, 2020

2. Window Defender's virus & threat protection service has stopped

virus and threat protection. threat service has stopped. restart now. only get unexpected error ran into a problem. please retry again shows over and over again. what do I do?

ButchSeibert, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Windows defender. virus & threat protection. Windows 10

Virus & Threat Protection has this message:

Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Pressing the RESTART button nothing happened.

How to reastart rhe treat service?

AlfredThieme, Feb 7, 2020
  4. JCH54 Win User

Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it...

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it... - Similar Threads - Virus Threat Protection

2. Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: Hi.Running with Windows 11, fully up to date, tried troubleshot Windows Update and trigger manual update for Defender beforehand, nothing worked.I've tried everything in my power to resolve this but I'm reaching a dead end.At first I was missing the whole "Virus & threat...
  3. Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted: Hello. I previously had Malwarebytes premium for a year but decided to not renew it because Windows Defender would be sufficient. Since Malwarebytes reverted to the free version, windows virus and threat protection has stopped and it cannot be restarted. Below is what it...
  4. Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted: Hello. I previously had Malwarebytes premium for a year but decided to not renew it because Windows Defender would be sufficient. Since Malwarebytes reverted to the free version, windows virus and threat protection has stopped and it cannot be restarted. Below is what it...
  5. Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted

6. Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped

Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped: When I try and start Windows Defender to scan my system desktop computer, I get the following message: "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." After I click on the Restart Now button, the it appears the system is doing something. After a few minutes, I get...
  7. Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now.": [ATTACH] I've been getting this notification every 30 minutes and when I try to restart the service nothing happens. What should I do? https://preview.redd.it/dp6ivltdvsg51.png?width=545&format=png&auto=webp&s=52ff1b8bbdf754790b81620bb77c27d933aa4b23 submitted by...
  8. Virus and threat protection Service stopped

Virus and threat protection Service stopped: [ATTACH] I have tried almost all possible way but it doesn't work. After updating today I m facing thins kind of problem. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-service-stopped/d9dfaa94-3118-4eab-8845-f448aee45431
  9. Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped: Hi, I recently had malware on my pc and windows defender was unable to remove it. I used some malware removers (rogue killer, unhackme and awdcleaner) and got rid of the malware. But in the process I think I also removed MsMpeng.exe which if the exe file of windows defender...
  10. Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: I have seen several question posts similar to this, but I believe I have an unusual difference to all I have found so far. I recently noticed I have started getting the message above. When I press the button to restart, it goes into "dots" for several minutes before...