Windows 10: "Virus & Threat Protection" Missing from Windows Security

Discus and support "Virus & Threat Protection" Missing from Windows Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I had been looking at my Task Manager and seeing a lot of things running I didn't recognize, so I thought it would be smart to run a scan of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KBT2985, Apr 21, 2021.

1. KBT2985 Win User

"Virus & Threat Protection" Missing from Windows Security

So I had been looking at my Task Manager and seeing a lot of things running I didn't recognize, so I thought it would be smart to run a scan of my computer. However, I am now unable to get to the "Virus & Threat Protection" section of Window Security. It shows up in a general search, but when I click on it I get a message saying "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app...". If I go to Settings of Windows Security and look at Security providers, while Windows Firewall is turned on, I am listed as having "No Providers" for Antivirus or Web Protection.

I have attempted to change whether it is shown/hidden by going into the registry as detailed here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/virus-threat-protection-is-missing-from-windows/15d32fa1-c5e8-453b-a9f6-22da0bb36eea

I have followed the instructions on #7 of these steps and found "MsMpEng.exe", which it recommends removing, but I get an error when I try to remove it:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problems-starting-windows-defender-in-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9

I installed "MalwareBytes" and ran a scan with that which seemed quite quick and not a deep scan and that came up with no issues, so I'm not sure whether or not I truly do have malware affecting my system or if it's a bug or administrative issue. Either way, for my own piece of mind, I'd like to figure this out.

:)

KBT2985, Apr 21, 2021

2. Virus and threat protection not working

Hi there, I recently reinstalled my windows and the Virus and threat protection is down! I have found that I am missing the 'Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service ' and 'Windows Defender Security
    Center Service' files from my services list, I have looked into this and can find no solution to fixing this issue, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!!

Matthew_5196, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Windows security Virus & threat protection.

Windows security Virus & threat protection tells me that "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" Something is wrong since I don't have an organization. Please help

Charles RKetron, Apr 21, 2021
  4. gep990 Win User

virus threat protection on in windows security

why can't I turn virus threat protection on in windows security

gep990, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. "Virus & Threat Protection" Missing from Windows Security - Similar Threads - Virus Threat Protection

2. Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?: I've been using Windows 10 for about a year and recently I've sent my laptop to acer centre to fix my laptop and they reset laptop. My windows defender virus and threat protection is no longer visible under Windows security, and when I try to scan a file, it says "IT admin...
  3. Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?: I've been using Windows 10 for about a year and recently I've sent my laptop to acer centre to fix my laptop and they reset laptop. My windows defender virus and threat protection is no longer visible under Windows security, and when I try to scan a file, it says "IT admin...
  4. Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Virus and threat protection missing from windows security

Virus and threat protection missing from windows security: Virus and threat protection is missing for me from Windows Security and Security at a Glance. When I try to search for it in settings it shows a message that says “Your IT administrator has limited access…” I’ve run malwarebytes with no threats detected and my account is an...
  6. Virus & threat protection missing in windows security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus & threat protection missing in windows security: Virus & threat protection is somehow missing in windows security. Can anyone tell me how to fix that? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-missing-in-windows/7f0627ce-9b67-4a16-abaa-9477a3cec36b
  7. Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?

Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?: I've been using Windows 10 for close to three years, never had any issues with it. Recently I noticed that my windows defender Virus and threat protection is no longer visible in the Windows security, and when I try to scan a file it shows the my "IT admin does not have...
  8. VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION IS MISSING FROM WINDOWS SECURITY

VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION IS MISSING FROM WINDOWS SECURITY: Hello all, It is missing from both "Security at a glance" and the "Windows Security" screen. Leaving no way to control the Virus & Threat Protection feature. This problem appears to be happening more frequently. While thecause is unknown, there is a simple Registry...
  9. "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security

"Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security: Split from this thread. Hey Kapil, Could you be more specific on how you find "Administrative templates"? Best regards Emil Sørensen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-missing-from-windows/6ee5d697-4040-4c47-acde-3bafe1d6f42b
  10. Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?

Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?: I've been using Windows 10 for close to three years, never had any issues with it. Recently I noticed that my windows defender Virus and threat protection is no longer visible in the Windows security, and when I try to scan a file it shows the my "IT admin does not have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. from security glance is missing thteat and action protection