Windows 10: Virus & Threat protection settings are managed by your Administrator.

Discus and support Virus & Threat protection settings are managed by your Administrator. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I went to go turn my Real-time protection off to download something and I can't, it says 'This setting is managed by your administrator.' I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by soulzzxd, Feb 11, 2021.

1. soulzzxd Win User

Virus & Threat protection settings are managed by your Administrator.

I went to go turn my Real-time protection off to download something and I can't, it says 'This setting is managed by your administrator.' I have installed malwarebytes to see if I have any viruses and it says I have none, I tried the solution where you delete 'disableantispyware' in registry editor and it's not there so I can't delete it. I then go into command prompt and type 'REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware', it then says 'Delete the registry value DisableAntiSpyware Yes/No?' and I type yes, after that it tells me 'ERROR: Access is denied.' I'm not sure if i'm being dumb here so could someone help me?
    thanks - soulzz

:)

soulzzxd, Feb 11, 2021

2. virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator

virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator

DatoSuladze, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator"

Hi Nikhar,

Thank you so much for replying. I followed your steps but this hasn't solved the problem - still no virus and threat protection. The registry value was 3, and I changed it to 2 as you suggested. Should I change it back?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you again

AlanNeedsHelp, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Virus & Threat protection settings are managed by your Administrator.

Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator"

Hello,

I installed the free trial of Malwarebytes to ensure I did not have any malware issues. I noticed it had switched Windows Security off, and the virus and threat protection said "this setting is managed by your administrator" for the top three settings. I
    uninstalled Malwarebytes and still see the red writing with "this setting is managed by your administrator". Web protection also says "No providers".

Please help! I have Windows 10 Home version 1903.

Thanks!

AlanNeedsHelp, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Virus & Threat protection settings are managed by your Administrator.

1. Virus & Threat protection settings are managed by your Administrator. - Similar Threads - Virus Threat protection

2. Virus & threat protection settings DESABLED - This setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & threat protection settings DESABLED - This setting is managed by your administrator: Hi everyone in the community, I have the following issue with Windows security.I followed some recommendations in the community but nothing happened. Even I re-installed WIN10 again keeping files and software and nothing.Also, issues when I try to delete the key. Cannot...
  3. Virus & threat protection settings DESABLED - This setting is managed by your administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & threat protection settings DESABLED - This setting is managed by your administrator: Hi everyone in the community, I have the following issue with Windows security.I followed some recommendations in the community but nothing happened. Even I re-installed WIN10 again keeping files and software and nothing.Also, issues when I try to delete the key. Cannot...
  4. Virus & threat protection settings DESABLED - This setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My virus and threat protection setting is managed by my administrator

My virus and threat protection setting is managed by my administrator: At first my window security is empty screen like thisBut I find the solution by delete DisableAntispyware in regedit and Remove DisableSpyware via CMD too and I delete all other virus protection program, so now my virus and protection comeback But when I go to virus and...
  6. Manage settings on Virus and threat protection

Manage settings on Virus and threat protection: Hello,When I click on manage settings in virus and threat protection, this comes up:Is there any way that I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/manage-settings-on-virus-and-threat-protection/d10375f3-5d1b-451f-9989-c3ebebdd1388
  7. Virus and threat protection is managed by your administrator

Virus and threat protection is managed by your administrator: I can't disable this feature and I've tried multiple solutions with no answer. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/e0da11d3-b931-434f-a1fd-1bb551b8dc29
  8. Virus & threat protection notifications This setting is managed by your Adminstrator

Virus & threat protection notifications This setting is managed by your Adminstrator: Do you know which registry to enable Virus & threat protection notificationI am using window 10 20h2sorry for my bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-notifications-this-setting/76c69ce2-beca-4fa7-be60-18e598bed45e
  9. Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator"

Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator": Hello, I installed the free trial of Malwarebytes to ensure I did not have any malware issues. I noticed it had switched Windows Security off, and the virus and threat protection said "this setting is managed by your administrator" for the top three settings. I uninstalled...
  10. virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator

virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator: virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-settings-this-setting-is/618872b2-6677-4c43-ba32-fef870b469be"