Windows 10: Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now."

Discus and support Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now." in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've been getting this notification every 30 minutes and when I try to restart the service nothing happens. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/narcismanole, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now."

/u/narcismanole, Aug 13, 2020
  2. ShawnQH Win User

Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it won't

Just noticed that the Virus & Threat Protection badge had a red x. Opened the Virus & Threat Protection page in settings and message says that the service has stopped and needs to restart. Clicked on the restart button and it spins then throws up a message
    that says "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." Close the box and hit restart again and get the same routine.

Welcome suggestions for fixing. Thank you!

ShawnQH, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Window Defender's virus & threat protection service has stopped

virus and threat protection. threat service has stopped. restart now. only get unexpected error ran into a problem. please retry again shows over and over again. what do I do?

ButchSeibert, Sep 5, 2020
  4. JCH54 Win User

Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now."

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now."

1. Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now." - Similar Threads - Virus threat protection

2. Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.: Hello, I got this problem for a while but I've tried all things all this time but none worked... I tried changing the Registry, try to turn on the services, trying to enable the policy and etc. The thing is that I don't really know what to do anymore with it... Can you guys...
  3. Threat service has stopped, restart it now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat service has stopped, restart it now: Hi, I have downloaded and anti vierus to get rid of some of the virus but now it expired. The anti virus makes the windows defender stopped working it shows that it stopped the services and needed to restart. I tried several times but restarting won't help. What to do??...
  4. Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: Hi.Running with Windows 11, fully up to date, tried troubleshot Windows Update and trigger manual update for Defender beforehand, nothing worked.I've tried everything in my power to resolve this but I'm reaching a dead end.At first I was missing the whole "Virus & threat...
  5. Threat service has stopped restart it now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat service has stopped restart it now: I got this error after installing the Malwarebytes anti-virus and uninstalling it. No matter what i do it just doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-service-has-stopped-restart-it-now/db8b52df-2006-43c0-a92d-e706b15a5956
  6. Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now.: So, I just reinstalled new Windows due to BSOD I experienced the day before BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG. The new Windows provide me with update and it failed, so I followed the guidance from the internet. One of which required me to disable several services related to the Windows...
  7. Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.

Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.: I get this message every time I go onto Windows Security Defender, as well as every defending thing has been turned off, and it refuses to turn back on. Every time I click "Restart Now," it says there was an "Unexpected Error". I have already tried to use the registry key...
  8. Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.

Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.: I get this message every time I go onto Windows Security Defender, as well as every defending thing has been turned off, and it refuses to turn back on. Every time I click "Restart Now," it says there was an "Unexpected Error". I have already tried to use the registry key...
  9. The Threat Service Has Stopped Restart It Now

The Threat Service Has Stopped Restart It Now: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a desk top. Red cross through virus and threat protection Updates are complete except for KB2267602 (Definition 1.279.1236.0) -Error 0x80070643 upon attempting to install Attempts to restart the threat service receive "Sorry we ran into a...
  10. Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: I have seen several question posts similar to this, but I believe I have an unusual difference to all I have found so far. I recently noticed I have started getting the message above. When I press the button to restart, it goes into "dots" for several minutes before...