Windows 10: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

Discus and support Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? * Moved from Win 10/Settings... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SamMcAllister, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

* Moved from Win 10/Settings

:)

SamMcAllister, Apr 17, 2020
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Windows Virus & Threat Protection Won't Restart

I downloaded a few files today, and noticed that my virus and threat protection was turned off. There was also some random program called Chromium that I did not download. I pressed restart for the virus protection, and it kept loading for like 2-3 minutes.
    Then says something went wrong. My laptop has also considerably slowed down, and chrome freezes at times. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Sewon Jeon, Apr 17, 2020
  4. imwhomim Win User

Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? - Similar Threads - Virus Threat Protection

2. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  3. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  4. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to restart Virus and Threat Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to restart Virus and Threat Protection: Beginning yesterday my PC began running very slowly, so I was going to do a scan. I went in to WIndows Security and found my virus and threat protection was turned off. I did not turn it off. When I try to restart it fails....
  6. Cannot get virus and threat protection restarted

Cannot get virus and threat protection restarted: help im new to all this so not sure on etiquette etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-get-virus-and-threat-protection-restarted/00a9051f-13e2-47b0-a7d4-c0cc63a4d2fc
  7. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  8. Virus & threat protection won't restart

Virus & threat protection won't restart: I am getting, "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now, Restart now gives, "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." DISM and SFC /scannow do not give error messages 122731
  9. Virus & threat protection won't restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus & threat protection won't restart: I am getting, "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now, Restart now gives, "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." DISM and SFC /scannow do not give error messages 122731
  10. virus and threat protection wont restart

virus and threat protection wont restart: virus and threat protection wont restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-wont-restart/7e4f23d9-a935-4efe-abe8-d6a30019c1fe

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus and theart protection is not restart

2. windows security virus threat will not restart

3. why virus and threat protection wont work