Windows 10: Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping

Discus and support Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping. I don't have another one installed, and it keeps saying I have limited access even though I own this copy.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by andrewlim3, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping

Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping. I don't have another one installed, and it keeps saying I have limited access even though I own this copy.

Anyone else get this error?

Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping 4299f098-3ef4-45bd-9516-c8b270dcd462?upload=true.jpg

:)

andrewlim3, Sep 8, 2018

2. Window Defender's virus & threat protection service has stopped

There seems to have been a hiccup in the Patch Tuesday updates that might need to be resolved with some unconventional methods of restarting the Threat Service (Windows Defender Antivirus Service):

Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection - Restart Now

GreginMich, Sep 8, 2018
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping

windows defender antivirus & threat has stopped

my windows defender security in "virus & threat" protection has stopped working please solve my problem .

somaguhathakurta, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping

1. Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping - Similar Threads - Virus threat protection

2. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  3. microsoft defender virus and threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft defender virus and threat protection: Virus and threat protection in Settings, Security at a glance "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."Account protection, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Device security are all...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection Stopped

Virus and Threat Protection Stopped: When I brought up the Windows Security screen, I get message "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now."When I restart, I get message "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again",I have restarted twice - some problem.When I bring up the Windows Update...
  5. virus & threat protection settings in defender

virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  6. Windows Defender Virus and threat protection stopped

Windows Defender Virus and threat protection stopped: Pressing the restart button just leads to an error that leads to nothing. I don't have any 3rd party antivirus software either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection/1a433900-e659-493f-9619-0bd17ece5a9d
  7. virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus

virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus: Last week i have changed my antivirus from Macfee to NPAV,however now Windows virus and threat protection is not detecting antivirus. this is resulting in slowing down of laptop due to two scan working at same time.any solution?...
  8. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  9. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  10. Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped: Hi, I recently had malware on my pc and windows defender was unable to remove it. I used some malware removers (rogue killer, unhackme and awdcleaner) and got rid of the malware. But in the process I think I also removed MsMpeng.exe which if the exe file of windows defender...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 virus and threat protection keeps stopping service

2. windows defender keeps stopping in windows 7

3. windows defender virus threat keeps stopping