Windows 10: Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping

Discus and support Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping. I don't have another one installed, and it keeps saying I have limited access even though I own this copy.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by andrewlim3, Sep 8, 2018.

1. andrewlim3 Win User

Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping

Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping. I don't have another one installed, and it keeps saying I have limited access even though I own this copy.

Anyone else get this error?

Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping 4299f098-3ef4-45bd-9516-c8b270dcd462?upload=true.jpg

:)

andrewlim3, Sep 8, 2018
  2. GreginMich Win User

Window Defender's virus & threat protection service has stopped

There seems to have been a hiccup in the Patch Tuesday updates that might need to be resolved with some unconventional methods of restarting the Threat Service (Windows Defender Antivirus Service):

Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection - Restart Now

GreginMich, Sep 8, 2018
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Sep 8, 2018
  4. somaguhathakurta Win User

windows defender antivirus & threat has stopped

my windows defender security in "virus & threat" protection has stopped working please solve my problem .

somaguhathakurta, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping - Similar Threads - Virus threat protection

2. Windows 10 Defender - Virus and Threat Protection Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender - Virus and Threat Protection Not Working: Hello, I recently deleted some antivirus programs from my windows. Then I came to know that my windows 10 defender was not working properly. I have green tick on my VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION option which means it is working properly, but, I can't scan anything. When I click...
  3. Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: I have seen several question posts similar to this, but I believe I have an unusual difference to all I have found so far. I recently noticed I have started getting the message above. When I press the button to restart, it goes into "dots" for several minutes before...
  4. Windows Antivirus & threat protection

Windows Antivirus & threat protection: When I uninstall McAfee, will Windows Defender automatically protect my PC from viruses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-antivirus-threat-protection/4ae7595f-8fba-4a0d-a8ad-204d71866b09
  5. virus and threat protection inactive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    virus and threat protection inactive: Windows 10 version 1803 (Home) . Virus and Threat protection is inactive. Help me to fix it. Definitions update fails to install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/virus-and-threat-protection-inactive/e32a7dd8-94a1-4042-b183-e313b84931ab
  6. VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE: I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution....
  7. VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE: I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution....
  8. virus and threat protection.

virus and threat protection.: Virus and threat protection keeps popping up on my screen constantly. When I go in to check it says no virus found, How do I get rid of this pop up? It is annoying....
  9. Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus

Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus: I have scanned and run troubleshooter etc. The report says NO THREATs but a pop-up with notification sound keeps going off. I click and it shows details: items quarantined. I click "remove" … they are removed. Seconds later the whole thing happens again. Same warning,...
  10. Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection "Unexpected error."

Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection "Unexpected error.": Earlier today I started experiencing issues with Windows Defender. The shield icon in my tray shows a red X, and when I open my Security Center it says "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." Attempting to do this gives the following error: "Unexpected error. Sorry,...