Windows 10: Virus & threat protection won't restart

Discus and support Virus & threat protection won't restart in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting, "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now, Restart now gives, "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." DISM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by smoketoxdoc, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Virus & threat protection won't restart

I am getting, "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now, Restart now gives, "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."

DISM and SFC /scannow do not give error messages

:)

smoketoxdoc, Dec 2, 2018
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Windows Virus & Threat Protection Won't Restart

I downloaded a few files today, and noticed that my virus and threat protection was turned off. There was also some random program called Chromium that I did not download. I pressed restart for the virus protection, and it kept loading for like 2-3 minutes.
    Then says something went wrong. My laptop has also considerably slowed down, and chrome freezes at times. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Sewon Jeon, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Virus & threat protection won't restart

Virus And Threat Protection is not Enable

Currently i'm using Windows 10

In my Windows Defender the Virus And Threat Protection is not been enabled and it is showing to restart

when im clicking on restart button for virus and threat protection

it is showing the message "ENABLE CONTROLLED ACCESS FOLDER OR EDIT PROTECTION"

i have also tried the command gpedit.msc but it also not executing.

Is there any solution for this problem.

Thank you,

Regards,

Mohit Bhatia

Gaurav1995, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Virus & threat protection won't restart

1. Virus & threat protection won't restart - Similar Threads - Virus threat protection

2. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  3. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  4. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  6. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  7. Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart: [ATTACH] Hi team, It's been a couple of days now and I tried letting it fix itself but can't seem to restart my Virus & threat protection. If I restart it, it says it encountered a problem. Has anybody encountered the same thing?...
  8. Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats: Im having a problem on my windows 10. The problem is my "Virus And Threat Protection" wont scan for viruses and threats. I keep tapping Quick Scan,Full Scan,Custom Scan and it doesn't even do anything and it just say's "No current threats." "Last scan: Not available" But...
  9. Virus & threat protection won't restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus & threat protection won't restart: I am getting, "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now, Restart now gives, "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." DISM and SFC /scannow do not give error messages 122731
  10. Windows Virus & Threat Protection Won't Restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Virus & Threat Protection Won't Restart: I downloaded a few files today, and noticed that my virus and threat protection was turned off. There was also some random program called Chromium that I did not download. I pressed restart for the virus protection, and it kept loading for like 2-3 minutes. Then says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-wont-restart/7e4f23d9-a935-4efe-abe8-d6a30019c1fe

2. treate service has stopped restart it now

3. virus & threat protection wont start

4. virus & threat protection wont start in win 10