Windows 10: virus & threat protoction not turning on.

Discus and support virus & threat protoction not turning on. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my windows defender virus & threat protection has a cross sign over it I want to turn it on. what should I do ? when I click on load updates it says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NishantChaudhari, Apr 20, 2020.

1. virus & threat protoction not turning on.

my windows defender virus & threat protection has a cross sign over it I want to turn it on. what should I do ? when I click on load updates it says engine unavailable

:)

NishantChaudhari, Apr 20, 2020
  2. imwhomim Win User

Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, Apr 20, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Apr 20, 2020
  4. JCH54 Win User

virus & threat protoction not turning on.

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

virus & threat protoction not turning on.

1. virus & threat protoction not turning on. - Similar Threads - virus threat protoction

2. Virus threat protection auto turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus threat protection auto turning off: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j7wo3pMe6t2khVVr8uQHn52c1hhSbNdW?usp=sharingIT's safe link that can be opened for the proof of my problem pls help....
  3. Virus threat protection auto turning off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus threat protection auto turning off: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j7wo3pMe6t2khVVr8uQHn52c1hhSbNdW?usp=sharingIT's safe link that can be opened for the proof of my problem pls help....
  4. Virus and threat protection is turned off

Virus and threat protection is turned off: Virus and threat protection is turned off and says settings are controlled by administrator. Even tamper protection is turned off The virus scans don't work and shut down automatically. Please help. i waited a long time for windows update to resolve this but it seems that...
  5. how to turn my virus and threat protection

how to turn my virus and threat protection: whenever I reset my pc it turns on for a few minutes and turns off again also I get this message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-turn-my-virus-and-threat-protection/b12119e1-5f9a-4799-8c4d-0d2f969610e2
  6. 'Virus and threat protection' turns itself off

'Virus and threat protection' turns itself off: Hi, I have Windows 10 pro. Today, 'Virus and threat protection' turned off by itself. Restarting it from the Windows Security window didn't work; the restart button didn't give any feedback and after a while threw some error which I don't remember the wording off. So I...
  7. Turn off virus and threat prevention nag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off virus and threat prevention nag: I do not wish to use "cloud-delivered protection" or "automatic sample submission". They are disabled in the security center. Yet every time windows does an update I need to dismiss these items from a warning notification. Is there any way to permanently stop this nag?...
  8. Cannot turn on virus and threat protection

Cannot turn on virus and threat protection: When I try to turn antivirus protect on I get the message "your virus and threat protection are managed by your organization" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-virus-and-threat-protection/f93dcfe5-fe02-4437-96ff-c6b36bcef4fb"
  9. How to Turn On Virus & Threat Protection?

How to Turn On Virus & Threat Protection?: I keep getting notifications to "Click to turn on Virus and Threat Protection". When I click, I get this: [ATTACH] I am logged in as an Administrator in my account. How do I fix this and turn on Virus and Threat Protection?...
  10. Turn on virus and threat protection

Turn on virus and threat protection: Hi, I do not have any third party antivirus application installed on my pc but whenever I'm trying to turn it on from the settings, I get a error message saying that " Your virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization " Please help.. With Regards,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus threat protection update