Windows 10: Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer.

Discus and support Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get a message that I have a virus. But I can't run Windows Defender scan. Message appears from Windows Security Center, your virus & threat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Walter B Johnson Jr, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer.

I get a message that I have a virus. But I can't run Windows Defender scan. Message appears from Windows Security Center, your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization.. What does that mean?

:)

Walter B Johnson Jr, Jun 5, 2019

2. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer. Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer. :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Jun 5, 2019
  3. initiating a virus scan with windows defender on Windows 10

• Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection.
    • Click on Quick Scan or see Advanced Scan.

If you don't see the Windows Defender icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar, add it.

Windows Defender Notification Area Icon - Hide or Show in Windows 10

Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, Jun 5, 2019
  4. BigFatBoy Win User

Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer.

Using Windows Defender Security Center options

July 31, 2018:

Using Windows(10x64) Defender Security Center(WDSC)\Virus and Threat Protection\Threat History\ I ran a Full Scan on my PC this morning...

*Information on the WDSC directly from MS indicates the *most current virus and malware definitions from MS will be found and downloaded *prior to running a Virus and Threat Scan. However, this routine does not appear to be happening...!! If these tasks (Windows Update-Task Scheduling-and Various Windows Services) are not occurring as needed,it is a problem IMO..

IF the WDSC and its Virus and Threat Protection section require the end USER to "set up" this function in order for it to operate as intended, it must be made known to the end user along with proper instructional information from Microsoft.!

What good is the Virus and Threat Protection section of the WDSC to me and others if it is not functioning as MS intended..?
    This is a critical issue in my opinion.
    thank you...

BigFatBoy, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer.

1. Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer. - Similar Threads - Virus threats appear

2. Can't get rid of Virus & Threat protection message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get rid of Virus & Threat protection message: I am running 64-bit Windows 10 and all of a sudden, I noticed in my Windows Security the Virus & Protection cant be opened and it says in red: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." This has happened before and I was able to fix it somehow but it...
  3. VIRUS THREAT

VIRUS THREAT: From: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***] Sent: Tuesday, 5 March, 2019 4:11 AM To: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Subject: apuzo Hi, this account was recently infected! Renew your password right...
  4. How to scan your PC for viruses and threats

How to scan your PC for viruses and threats: Protect your PC with a quick scan for viruses and threats ⚠️! For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/protect-your-pc#protectpc [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem

Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem: Hi Microsoft service, I need your help to fix my computer that I had struggle to find why Virus & Threat Protection is not working. I was updated Windows 10 Update. There are some changes to add new feature. Need your help to fix my computer. Regards, Spring...
  6. A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it

A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it: I downloaded a file from YouTube and opened it... it asks for administrative privileges, which is normal. I gave it admin privileges and it immediately started installing over 20-30 apps, viruses, and changing system settings. I quickly turned Airplane mode on, I opened Task...
  7. Windows Defender Security Center Notifies - Virus and Threat Protection : unauthorized...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Security Center Notifies - Virus and Threat Protection : unauthorized...: I have Windows 10 64 bit version 1803 in my Desktop PC. As I recollect from 9/10th December 2018 I am facing an unusual problem which I am narrating below. I have already received more than a dozen such notifications from Windows Defender and I am helplessly viewing those...
  8. Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center/Virus and Threat Protection

Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center/Virus and Threat Protection: Just this week I started receiving notifications that virus and threat protection was turned off. When I checked all the settings under virus and threat protection were turned off and when I attempted to turn them on I received a pop-up message: User Account Control Do...
  9. Windows Security : Virus & threat protection {Will not open.}

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security : Virus & threat protection {Will not open.}: I click on "Virus & threat protection" and a message appears. It says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help. Version 1803 (OS Build...
  10. My security center....

My security center....: It is still showing action recommended however there is nothing that requires action. I was told that this would just go away about 2 months ago but it hasn't....