Windows 10: Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer.

Discus and support Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get a message that I have a virus. But I can't run Windows Defender scan. Message appears from Windows Security Center, your virus & threat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Walter B Johnson Jr, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer.

I get a message that I have a virus. But I can't run Windows Defender scan. Message appears from Windows Security Center, your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization.. What does that mean?

:)

Walter B Johnson Jr, Jun 5, 2019

2. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer. Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer. :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Jun 5, 2019
  3. initiating a virus scan with windows defender on Windows 10

• Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection.
    • Click on Quick Scan or see Advanced Scan.

If you don't see the Windows Defender icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar, add it.

Windows Defender Notification Area Icon - Hide or Show in Windows 10

Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, Jun 5, 2019
  4. BigFatBoy Win User

Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer.

Using Windows Defender Security Center options

July 31, 2018:

Using Windows(10x64) Defender Security Center(WDSC)\Virus and Threat Protection\Threat History\ I ran a Full Scan on my PC this morning...

*Information on the WDSC directly from MS indicates the *most current virus and malware definitions from MS will be found and downloaded *prior to running a Virus and Threat Scan. However, this routine does not appear to be happening...!! If these tasks (Windows Update-Task Scheduling-and Various Windows Services) are not occurring as needed,it is a problem IMO..

IF the WDSC and its Virus and Threat Protection section require the end USER to "set up" this function in order for it to operate as intended, it must be made known to the end user along with proper instructional information from Microsoft.!

What good is the Virus and Threat Protection section of the WDSC to me and others if it is not functioning as MS intended..?
    This is a critical issue in my opinion.
    thank you...

BigFatBoy, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer.

1. Virus threats appear, Can't get Windows Security Center to scan my computer. - Similar Threads - Virus threats appear

2. Can't open virus and threat security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open virus and threat security: I have tried every way to find it if I open settings to go there all i see is this : I also tried one of the suggestions on the site: "Kapil Arya MVPMVP Volunteer ModeratorReplied on December 28, 2019Hello, Open Group Policy snap-in by running gpedit.msc command. Go to...
  3. I can't find virus & threat protection in my windows security

I can't find virus & threat protection in my windows security: There is no virus & threat protection in my computer. I don't know why. I try several ways to solve it but won't help. I tried to use Windows PowerShellAdmin to enter reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /d 1 /t...
  4. I can't find virus & threat protection in my windows security

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't find virus & threat protection in my windows security: There is no virus & threat protection in my computer. I don't know why. I try several ways to solve it but won't help. I tried to use Windows PowerShellAdmin to enter reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /d 1 /t...
  5. Virus and Threat protection not appearing when going to Microsoft Security

Virus and Threat protection not appearing when going to Microsoft Security: Hello, Every time I log into windows and start my day, a notification from "Windows Security" saying: Turn On Virus Protection Virus protection is turned off. Tap or click to turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus. But when i click there, this shows up,[ATTACH] I've went to...
  6. Windows Security Virus Scan

Windows Security Virus Scan: This issue just started the last couple days. The actions needed notification advises that the virus protection is turned off and should be restarted. I go into Windows Security and press the restart but after doing whatever for a couple minutes, it states there was an error...
  7. Virus and threat quick scan

Virus and threat quick scan: I get repeated requests to initiate this scan, When I do it takes me to the defender page and there is a red cross against the quick scan symbol. Something appears to be happening- but it never seems to end. Is this all normal or how do I fix it? It did briefly clear when...
  8. Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats: Im having a problem on my windows 10. The problem is my "Virus And Threat Protection" wont scan for viruses and threats. I keep tapping Quick Scan,Full Scan,Custom Scan and it doesn't even do anything and it just say's "No current threats." "Last scan: Not available" But...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center Notifies - Virus and Threat Protection : unauthorized...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Security Center Notifies - Virus and Threat Protection : unauthorized...: I have Windows 10 64 bit version 1803 in my Desktop PC. As I recollect from 9/10th December 2018 I am facing an unusual problem which I am narrating below. I have already received more than a dozen such notifications from Windows Defender and I am helplessly viewing those...
  10. Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center/Virus and Threat Protection

Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center/Virus and Threat Protection: Just this week I started receiving notifications that virus and threat protection was turned off. When I checked all the settings under virus and threat protection were turned off and when I attempted to turn them on I received a pop-up message: User Account Control Do...