Windows 10: Virus - Unable to format PC

Discus and support Virus - Unable to format PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, Looks like I have a major problem which I'm trying to solve myself. Yesterday my son noticed that his audio services had disabled but upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rob McMillan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Virus - Unable to format PC

Hi All,

Looks like I have a major problem which I'm trying to solve myself.

Yesterday my son noticed that his audio services had disabled but upon further investigation, it appears that many issues exist:

1. Unable to access settings

2. Unable to run as administrator

3. Unable to download installation media as the system doesn't recognise USB ports Tried memory sticks and external HDD

4. Unable to reset PC as system returns 'There was a problem with reset, nothing was lost', or words to that affect. I have tried many times. both as 'keeping my files' and 'wiping drive completely'.

So it looks like I need to wipe the the drives completely, but how do I do that without the ability to reset the PC?

Any help would be great :

Rob

:)

Rob McMillan, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 25, 2021
  3. VishwaRaj Win User
    How To Remove Virus Completely

This is the most common cause and serious issue that your Phone is get infected by the Virus and Not Removed even after formatting, only due to some common wrong way..... Just only follow these steps to thoroughly make the Phone Virus Free.

• Remove the SD Card First.
    • Then Connect the SD CARD into the PC through the Card reader or any other Mode.....( Warning PC must not be infected by virus ).
    • Then Format the SD Card.
    • Then Format the phone.

VishwaRaj, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Virus - Unable to format PC

Unable for format Mini PC - X5 with Windows

I recently purchased a X5 Mini PC from the following site and was trying to have a clean install of Windows 10 instead of the pre-install copy with android.

During the installation process, I was thrown with an error stating that "Setup was unable to create a new system partition: Fix for Windows".

1. I have tried to work on this for a couple of nights along with this
      guide to use diskpart to pre-format and prepare the disk. But
      it didn't work, the same error still occurred.
    2. Others suggest that it could be an UEFI locked issue and I should disable the secure boot option. However, the APTIO Setup Utility does not provide me with any option. I tried adding administrator password in security, hoping that it would enable the option as other suggest, but it failed to work.

Does anyone have similar experience or is familiar with BIOS and UEFI to lend a hand? Much appreciated.

toffee.beanns, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Virus - Unable to format PC

1. Virus - Unable to format PC - Similar Threads - Virus Unable format

2. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  3. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  4. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to format Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to format Drive: Hi, I installed a virus containing file on my local disk E To do that i disabled windows defender also. After that my pc crashed. So i decided to delete the application and files connected to it. But i couldn't delete them. then I tried formatting my disk but when i format...
  6. Unable to format HDD

Unable to format HDD: My HDD's model number is ST1000LM035.Using Disk Drill I found out it has a bad sector so I tried to format it using Windows Explorer but was unable format it.I then tried using CMD chkdsk but it says it can't format RAW disk so I need some software to format, it's okay if...
  7. Unable to format Fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format Fat32: As the subject header eays, I'm unable to format to FAT32.The only choices I have are NTFS & exFAT.Has Microsoft removed the choice to format in FAT16/32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-fat32/22183b77-8591-4731-88da-8c0570ba3f1e
  8. Unable to format in the past

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to format in the past: exact instructions on transferring half of my D drive to my C drive - for formatting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-in-the-past/f03efbfb-0961-40dc-bb0b-5c03721d976b
  9. Unable to format CD

Unable to format CD: I am unable to format or read a cd. The drive is recognized and said to be working properly. I uninstalled and reinstalled the CD drive. I am also unable to launch troubleshooter....
  10. Unable to format drive

Unable to format drive: Hello ! I need urgent help. I have a 960gb ssd from Corsair. I installed Dual Boot on it, 2 Windows 10 Pro For Workstations accounts. On one of the Windows accounts, I used Bitlocker to Encrypt 3 Partitions, including the one with Windows installed. This Part that had...