Windows 10: Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!

Discus and support Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wife caught some kind of virus on our computer. I have used all the free scans, with no results, and Microsoft Security Scanner three times now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raymond Ski, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!

My wife caught some kind of virus on our computer. I have used all the free scans, with no results, and Microsoft Security Scanner three times now. Each time the status bar is almost finished, the Files Infected shows 14. Then a few minutes later, still before it finishes scanning, I get a window saying everything is great and no files were detected. I'm only a basic computer user, but I can tell something is still not right. Anyone ever hear of this or have any suggestions? Any help would be most appreciated.

:)

Raymond Ski, Sep 26, 2022
  2. jeanacox Win User

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

*Original Title: Zeus b2957e virus

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

which of course is this Zeus b2957e since it is still there. I am a novice compared to most/all of you so I am up for any help/suggestions.

The malware listed on Microsoft Safety Scanner it could not remove= Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W

[Moved from Windows]

jeanacox, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Virus Scanner

Whats a good virus scanner thats free, good as hell, and wont screw up your pc?And can detect all viruses?

-1nf1n1ty-, Sep 26, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help! [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help! [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!

1. Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help! - Similar Threads - Virus untouched Security

2. Windows Security Virus & threat protction updates showing that the virus scanner is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Security Virus & threat protction updates showing that the virus scanner is...: Good morning, I have a quastion about virus scanner in Windows 10 Security. I want to see where is written or showing that the virus scanner is updated three times a day automatically. Can I change this updates times of virus scanner in Win or in Microsoft Defender. If It is...
  3. Windows Security Virus & threat protction updates showing that the virus scanner is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Virus & threat protction updates showing that the virus scanner is...: Good morning, I have a quastion about virus scanner in Windows 10 Security. I want to see where is written or showing that the virus scanner is updated three times a day automatically. Can I change this updates times of virus scanner in Win or in Microsoft Defender. If It is...
  4. Windows Security Virus & threat protction updates showing that the virus scanner is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner: It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has...
  6. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner: It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has...
  7. Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!: My wife caught some kind of virus on our computer. I have used all the free scans, with no results, and Microsoft Security Scanner three times now. Each time the status bar is almost finished, the Files Infected shows 14. Then a few minutes later, still before it finishes...
  8. Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!: My wife caught some kind of virus on our computer. I have used all the free scans, with no results, and Microsoft Security Scanner three times now. Each time the status bar is almost finished, the Files Infected shows 14. Then a few minutes later, still before it finishes...
  9. Security - Safety Scanner

Security - Safety Scanner: When I run my Safety Scanner, during the process. it states it has found several "files infected". However, when it is complete, it says it "and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were detected." I am confused - if files were infected, shouldn't it...
  10. virus scanner

virus scanner: It told me to click to do a quick scan and I did it it loads and loads and it will not stop any thing I can do to make it stop loading or finish what its doing way faster. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scanner/fcb6ebca-cfd1-49d5-9785-fabdef7fe950