Windows 10: Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page.

Discus and support Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I get an error message which makes a horrible screeching sound and a countdown timer which basically says you have to install some update otherwise... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Digimaan, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Digimaan Win User

Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page.

Hi I get an error message which makes a horrible screeching sound and a countdown timer which basically says you have to install some update otherwise all your files will be destroyed? For obvious reasons I didn't let it go to zero and just see what happened, I just pulled the mains plug and re-booted all seems fine. This happens regularly on the Microsoft News home page. My antivirus (Kaspersky) doesn't find anything wrong, PC is running fine, its had all the updates.

:)

Digimaan, Dec 26, 2018

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 26, 2018
  3. VishwaRaj Win User
    How To Remove Virus Completely

This is the most common cause and serious issue that your Phone is get infected by the Virus and Not Removed even after formatting, only due to some common wrong way..... Just only follow these steps to thoroughly make the Phone Virus Free.

• Remove the SD Card First.
    • Then Connect the SD CARD into the PC through the Card reader or any other Mode.....( Warning PC must not be infected by virus ).
    • Then Format the SD Card.
    • Then Format the phone.

VishwaRaj, Dec 26, 2018
  4. BunnyJ Win User

Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page.

BunnyJ, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page. - Similar Threads - Virus warning countdown

2. News Feed on my Edge home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News Feed on my Edge home page: I think I have it figured out, I can't remove the News feed off my page, so, why not change my Browser to , say Fire Fox, or, Brave as an example. I think I'll go back to my Firefox, My Home page there is my own! No need for an answer, I probably won' t see it! Thank you...
  3. Virus Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Warning: Hi, I have the following Virus Warning in the centre of my screen: Virus Warning Program integrity check failed. Please check for viruses on your computer. If program is not infected, it had been patched There is a yellow exclamation mark warning symbol to the left and...
  4. MICROSOFT NEWS PAGE SIZE

MICROSOFT NEWS PAGE SIZE: HOW DO I GET NEW PAGE TO FILL TOTAL SCREEN. IT SOME HOW CHANGED NOW HAS BIG MARGINS ON BOTH SIDES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-page-size/067735d5-9501-480a-b72f-7544ee8a1eec
  5. Virus warning

Virus warning: Regularly receiving virus warnings from:...
  6. Virus warning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virus warning: I have for the last three installs puit on version 1803 and then as soon as I update the version to 1809 I get a virus warning - any ideas please could this be just a false positive?? 126079
  7. Virus Warning

Virus Warning: This may be the wrong place to ask this but I think I have the problem narrowed down to windows. I am running Windows 10 and Excel 2016. I also get this warning with Excel 2007 which I do not get on Windows 7. I have hyperlinks to executables on my local machine. They work,...
  8. virus warning

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    virus warning: I've been getting an unusally # of alerts on my coputer saying I have 3 virurs's by Microsoft upgrade now. Are the warnings for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-warning/5de6f3c3-4e92-450c-a599-950d50be918e"
  9. Microsoft Edge Yahoo Virus home page

Microsoft Edge Yahoo Virus home page: Can not remove the Yahoo search engine. Google is set to the home page. but still opens with YAHOO. bit defender found a search engine virus and removed it. its still stuck as default in edge though. can not fix or uninstall edge in the setting either....
  10. Edge news feed on home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge news feed on home page: Anyone notice an issue with it as from this morning (UK time approx. 10 am)? If I launch edge it's just displaying the search bar and top visited sites. The news feed / articles are missing in action. Maybe an issue MS side (at least I hope and that it's not my machine)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft warning messages gives countdown to save files

2. microsoft countdown virus

3. windows warning with countdow is it virus

4. microsoft news app virus warning,
  5. windows 10 update virus countdown alarm noise