Windows 10: virus warning

Discus and support virus warning in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been getting an unusally # of alerts on my coputer saying I have 3 virurs's by Microsoft upgrade now. Are the warnings for real?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by krihartman, Oct 30, 2018.

1. virus warning

I've been getting an unusally # of alerts on my coputer saying I have 3 virurs's by Microsoft upgrade now. Are the warnings for real?

:)

krihartman, Oct 30, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Oct 30, 2018
  3. VishwaRaj Win User
    How To Remove Virus Completely

This is the most common cause and serious issue that your Phone is get infected by the Virus and Not Removed even after formatting, only due to some common wrong way..... Just only follow these steps to thoroughly make the Phone Virus Free.

• Remove the SD Card First.
    • Then Connect the SD CARD into the PC through the Card reader or any other Mode.....( Warning PC must not be infected by virus ).
    • Then Format the SD Card.
    • Then Format the phone.

VishwaRaj, Oct 30, 2018
  4. virus warning

Virus warning

My computer displayed a big red screen with a warning message indicating that a virus was attacking. I was asked to call (877) 527-9459 for help!

Did anyone experience this before and could someone say if this is real or it is a scam?

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats / Windows 10

OrlandCopeland, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

virus warning

1. virus warning - Similar Threads - virus warning

2. Virus has my thinkpad stuck in airplane mode.. Doing a factory reset doesn’t help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus has my thinkpad stuck in airplane mode.. Doing a factory reset doesn’t help!: I have barely been able to use my laptop since I got it in February. I am unable to change any of the settings and it is stuck in airplane mode. There are many ‘users’ on my laptop. One of them has administrative privileges while i do not. I have attempted several factory...
  3. Virus indetectable por seguridad de windows y otros

Virus indetectable por seguridad de windows y otros: Mi PC tiene un virus BW by player, e probado distintos metodos de internet y antivirus, pero ninguno lo detecta siquiera. e incluso e probado herramientas de microsoft como windows defender, windows defender offline, removedor de amenazas de microsoft, avast antivirus y spy...
  4. Virus warning

Virus warning: Regularly receiving virus warnings from:...
  5. Virus warning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virus warning: I have for the last three installs puit on version 1803 and then as soon as I update the version to 1809 I get a virus warning - any ideas please could this be just a false positive?? 126079
  6. Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page.

Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page.: Hi I get an error message which makes a horrible screeching sound and a countdown timer which basically says you have to install some update otherwise all your files will be destroyed? For obvious reasons I didn't let it go to zero and just see what happened, I just pulled...
  7. Virus Warning

Virus Warning: This may be the wrong place to ask this but I think I have the problem narrowed down to windows. I am running Windows 10 and Excel 2016. I also get this warning with Excel 2007 which I do not get on Windows 7. I have hyperlinks to executables on my local machine. They work,...
  8. Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings: I continually get this message from the Windows Defender Security Center: Virus and Threat Protection Unauthorised changes blocked Controlled folder access blocked C:\Pro...\ETD_GetSMART.exe from making changes to memory Is there a way to remove this virus from my...
  9. my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?

my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?: Can I trust pctonics .com to clean out worms and viruses it claims to have detected in my computer?...
  10. Win10 warning about Virus protection.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 warning about Virus protection.: Hello, Windows 10 is asking me to install an Anti Virus program. although I have already installed one Idk what I should do with this [img] 20026

Users found this page by searching for:

1. EDT_GetSMART.exe what is this

2. c:/pro/etd folder

3. C:/Pro/ETD_GetSMART.ext

4. c:\Pro\ETD_GetSMART.exe,
  5. What is C:\Pro...\ETD_GetSmart.exe,
  6. why does etd getsmart try to access protected folders,
  7. what does controlled folder access blocked c:\pro...\etd_getsmart.exe from making changes to memory mean