Windows 10: Virus warning

Discus and support Virus warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Regularly receiving virus warnings from:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Albert-FransAbrahamse, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Virus warning

Albert-FransAbrahamse, Jun 2, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Jun 2, 2019
  3. VishwaRaj Win User
    How To Remove Virus Completely

This is the most common cause and serious issue that your Phone is get infected by the Virus and Not Removed even after formatting, only due to some common wrong way..... Just only follow these steps to thoroughly make the Phone Virus Free.

• Remove the SD Card First.
    • Then Connect the SD CARD into the PC through the Card reader or any other Mode.....( Warning PC must not be infected by virus ).
    • Then Format the SD Card.
    • Then Format the phone.

VishwaRaj, Jun 2, 2019
  4. jamis Win User

Virus warning

Virus warning

What/who is the source of the warning? What is the supposed virus? What AV program are you running, if at all?

jamis, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Virus warning

1. Virus warning - Similar Threads - Virus warning

2. I almost downloaded a virus, cancelled the download, the windows defender found it and an...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I almost downloaded a virus, cancelled the download, the windows defender found it and an...: I was browsing the internet and end up on a site with a lot of popups that are obviously viruses. as I'm leaving the site, i notice a download is going on for a file called "This computer is BLOCKED.htm". the entire file size was downloaded (for example, 25.5 MB/25.5 MB) but...
  3. What is Browser_Broker.exe in Windows 10? Is it a Virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Browser_Broker.exe in Windows 10? Is it a Virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows OS and any other application use many executable files for its functioning. If you noticed Browser_Broker.exe in the Task Manager consuming a bit of CPU and memory, don’t be worried. It is not a virus for sure. In this [...] This post What is...
  4. Virus warning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virus warning: I have for the last three installs puit on version 1803 and then as soon as I update the version to 1809 I get a virus warning - any ideas please could this be just a false positive?? 126079
  5. Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page.

Virus warning with countdown to destruction of your PC? Microsoft News home page.: Hi I get an error message which makes a horrible screeching sound and a countdown timer which basically says you have to install some update otherwise all your files will be destroyed? For obvious reasons I didn't let it go to zero and just see what happened, I just pulled...
  6. Virus Warning

Virus Warning: This may be the wrong place to ask this but I think I have the problem narrowed down to windows. I am running Windows 10 and Excel 2016. I also get this warning with Excel 2007 which I do not get on Windows 7. I have hyperlinks to executables on my local machine. They work,...
  7. virus warning

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    virus warning: I've been getting an unusally # of alerts on my coputer saying I have 3 virurs's by Microsoft upgrade now. Are the warnings for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-warning/5de6f3c3-4e92-450c-a599-950d50be918e"
  8. Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings: I continually get this message from the Windows Defender Security Center: Virus and Threat Protection Unauthorised changes blocked Controlled folder access blocked C:\Pro...\ETD_GetSMART.exe from making changes to memory Is there a way to remove this virus from my...
  9. my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?

my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?: Can I trust pctonics .com to clean out worms and viruses it claims to have detected in my computer?...
  10. Win10 warning about Virus protection.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 warning about Virus protection.: Hello, Windows 10 is asking me to install an Anti Virus program. although I have already installed one Idk what I should do with this [img] 20026