Windows 10: Virus

Discus and support Virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, so last month a virusTrojan infected my laptop and started deleting pre-installed apps such as VLC, Firefox and some apps I'd installed but I used... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gatxy, May 23, 2020.

1. Gatxy Win User

Virus

Hey, so last month a virusTrojan infected my laptop and started deleting pre-installed apps such as VLC, Firefox and some apps I'd installed but I used Windows Defender to identify and delete the virus. However, I recently discovered that all my Microsoft office apps Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, One note were deleted as well and they don't run. I can't redownload them from Microsoft page, I have to buy them. How do I fix my laptop back to how it was. I'm content with deleting everything on my laptop, I've already backed everything up. Help.

:)

Gatxy, May 23, 2020

2. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 23, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, May 23, 2020
  4. Virus

Bruce Hagen, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Virus

1. Virus - Similar Threads - Virus

2. What to do with this Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What to do with this Virus?: i detected this virus what to do? https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e0d3f58a733eb0649e19d606ce132cfef4eed55c276f270a6a6ccc651f2f5ea4/detection [Original Title: virus]...
  3. Windows Security Scanner Is Unable to Remove Viruses from External Hard Drive on Windows 10

Windows Security Scanner Is Unable to Remove Viruses from External Hard Drive on Windows 10: So, a while ago I gave my brother my external hard drive to transfer some games from his PC to a friend's. After the exchange, as usual, I had to run a virus scan to remove potentially harmful stuff. And the scan surprisingly found like 100+ viruses affecting over 27k files....
  4. Ransomware virus

Ransomware virus: Hello.please help me.My computer is infected by ransomware and all the files are encrypted.all files now contain .pezi extension and all folders contain notepad saying you have to pay 980 dollars and you can get your all files back,now what can i do.Please help me...
  5. I THINK I HAVE A VIRUS CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?

I THINK I HAVE A VIRUS CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?: CAN YOU HELP ME? I AM SURE IHAVE A VIRUS PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-think-i-have-a-virus-can-you-please-help/599e2e1c-b5c8-44a9-aae8-ed6ef4d4f29c
  6. Virus And Threat Protection is Off

Virus And Threat Protection is Off: [ATTACH]Hello, I am here on behalf of my Virus and threat protection being offline I think I uninstalled Windows Defender and I cannot install it back since my microsoft store will not download anything either. It will be helpful if anyone knows why I dont know what cause it...
  7. Virus and threat protection shows threats found, but the files have been deleted

Virus and threat protection shows threats found, but the files have been deleted: My windows defender found some threats in the kali linux iso file for obvious reasons. Now I have already deleted the file before taking actions through the windows defender. But its still showing threats from that file. How to get rid of it. [ATTACH]...
  8. how to remove 30 day free trial of anti-virus

how to remove 30 day free trial of anti-virus: how to remove my 30 day trial of anti-virus so I can install my own https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-30-day-free-trial-of-anti-virus/3da85a7d-54b9-4eb7-af84-aa654adf02d7
  9. VIRUS RAMSONWARE ZIPE

VIRUS RAMSONWARE ZIPE: me infecto la pc y no puedo ver mis archivos. por favor!!! necesito recuperarlos . gracias espero una respuesta saludos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-ramsonware-zipe/9f7dfc69-ae6d-4728-b9f7-0f5d7ef537cc
  10. is UNP file a viruse?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is UNP file a viruse?: me and my friend have this unp file that we just founf, is it a virus? how can we remove it? submitted by /u/MrNuggets005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt1vqo/is_unp_file_a_viruse/