Windows 10: Viruses and malwares

Discus and support Viruses and malwares in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A malware name's KMXemulator has appeared in my PC for 2 weeks, everytime I delete it, it comes back. And the KM player somehow, is updating itself, if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by James William Watson, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Viruses and malwares

A malware name's KMXemulator has appeared in my PC for 2 weeks, everytime I delete it, it comes back. And the KM player somehow, is updating itself, if I'm now wrong. I bought my PC longs ago, which mean the KM player should appeared at the same time with the computer but the source files of the program appear new (date: 12/32/2018). I also want to know is it ok to purge these files? Viruses and malwares 56f6a0f5-721f-4b3f-baf4-f41750e716dd?upload=true.jpg Viruses and malwares fe7683d0-63af-4a8f-87b6-a99c78c1dada?upload=true.jpg

I also need someone to solve an old question. My free space get filled up very fast. Everyday, no matter I purged my browsing history, cleaned junk files using CCleaner but I found out I lost about 100-300 megabytes free space each 24h. What is the problem and how to fix it?

:)

James William Watson, Dec 31, 2018

2. Viruses and Malware

An anti-virus program alone does not provide comprehensive protection and cannot prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time. Anti-virus software is
    inherently reactive...meaning it usually finds malware after a computer has been infected. Further, if you're dealing with

zero-day malware
    it's unlikely the anti-virus is going to detect anything. Anti-virus and anti-malware programs each
    perform different tasks as it relates to computer security and threat detection. Essentially, they look for and remove different types of malicious threats.

In simplistic terms, Anti-virus programs use massive databases with different scanning engines and detection methods to scan for infectious malware which includes

viruses
    worms
    Trojans
    rootkis
    and
    bots

Anti-malware programs use smaller databases and generally tend to focus more on
    adware,
    spyware,

unwanted toolbars
    browser hijackers
    potentially unwanted programs
    and
    potentially unsafe applications

Anti-virus and Anti-malware solutions with anti-exploitation
    features
    protect against
    zero-day malware
    drive-by downloads
    exploits
    and
    Exploit Kits

Therefore, you need both an anti-virus and an anti-malware solution for maximum protection.

Important Fact: Keep in mind that
    the user is the first and last line of defense and security is a constant effort to stay one step ahead of the bad guys. No amount of security software is going to defend against today's sophisticated malware writers for those who do not practice
    safe computing and stay informed. It has been proven time and again that the
    user is a more substantial factor
    (weakest link)
    in security than the architecture of the operating system or installed protection software.

Security begins with personal responsibility. Common sense, good security habits, safe surfing, understanding security and safe computing are essential to protecting yourself from malware infection.

quietman7 - MVP, Dec 31, 2018
  3. JG2yang1 Win User
    malware or viruses

Hi,
    SteveLavoie
    . You do not need any anti virus app on the phone. See this this link for more information:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/wiki/all/should-i-worry-about-viruses-or-malware/e58311b2-23ac-438d-9f73-aceec48c0b42
    . What is the software version installed on your phone? Have you tried checking is there's an update available under
    Settings>phone update>check for updates? If updating the phone doesn't help, we'd suggest sending it to our Care Point using this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/mobile/worldwide/
    . Make sure to create a backup to avoid data loss. Let us know if you have other questions.

JG2yang1, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Viruses and malwares

How to remove malwares and viruses in Windows 10 Home 64-bit?

hi joydeep sir how to remove malwares and viruses in windows 10 1703 64 bit home sl 64 bit,can u provide me steps all.

Original title: hi joydeep sir how to remove malwares and viruses in windows 10 1703 64 bit home sl 64 bit

JoydeepSarkar685, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Viruses and malwares

1. Viruses and malwares - Similar Threads - Viruses malwares

2. Malware Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware Virus: my laptop just got malware injected, and im using Windows 11 Home 23H2.the malware was looked like this the picture i already use HitmanPro malware remover and found it on C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Roaming\rasctrs with the exact date on the folder i got hacked is theres...
  3. Malware Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware Virus: my laptop just got malware injected, and im using Windows 11 Home 23H2.the malware was looked like this the picture i already use HitmanPro malware remover and found it on C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Roaming\rasctrs with the exact date on the folder i got hacked is theres...
  4. False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help: As I inserted a USB in my windows 11 PC, windows secuirty Windows Defender detected vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus. Now I have checked with couple of Anti-Virus but no one is showing the virus, But Windows Security Windows Defender is still telling me that my PC is infected with...
  5. False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help

False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help: As I inserted a USB in my windows 11 PC, windows secuirty Windows Defender detected vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus. Now I have checked with couple of Anti-Virus but no one is showing the virus, But Windows Security Windows Defender is still telling me that my PC is infected with...
  6. not able to remove virus/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  7. not able to remove virus/malware

not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  8. not able to remove virus/malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. A few files have appeared on my computer in chinese gibberish, are these viruses or malware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few files have appeared on my computer in chinese gibberish, are these viruses or malware...: I was looking through my files when I noticed various files with Chinese gibberish as their names. They only seem to initally show themselves when I open the file tab, but when I try to search for them anywhere else the search turns fruitless. I haven't opened any of the...
  10. A few files have appeared on my computer in chinese gibberish, are these viruses or malware...

A few files have appeared on my computer in chinese gibberish, are these viruses or malware...: I was looking through my files when I noticed various files with Chinese gibberish as their names. They only seem to initally show themselves when I open the file tab, but when I try to search for them anywhere else the search turns fruitless. I haven't opened any of the...