Windows 10: Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security

Discus and support Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH]So today I noticed all this stuff in the allowed threats section. The problem is that whenever I choose the don't allow option on them they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WannaBeEpic, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security

Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security 2504d1b2-55e1-4e89-ab2e-156a8f452682?upload=true.jpg So today I noticed all this stuff in the allowed threats section. The problem is that whenever I choose the don't allow option on them they just automatically come right back on the list. I ran a full scan with defender and the safety scanner both found no threats, so if anyone has any idea about what else I could try other then sistem restore or resetting my PC that would be of great help.

:)

WannaBeEpic, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. deleting a allowed threat

Using Windows Defender Security Center I mistakenly allowed a threat, BUT it is a threat. How do I delete since it is now allowed?

ArnieArnieArnie044, Feb 13, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security

What are the chances of getting viruses from secure online games?

+1 to what Bjorn_Of_Iceland said. The actual servers and games won't give you an infection. I've certainly never heard a case of this happening.

The best way to protect yourself is not to use dodgy copies of software, as it might well be infected with a rootkit, keylogger etc.

Then, just make sure that you secure your PC as a whole, by following the basics:

• Using a hardware firewall
    • Using a good quality software internet security suite, such as Kaspersky
    • Fully patch your Windows with all the latest security updates
    • Use your common sense and minimize your PCs exposure to threats

qubit, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security

1. Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security - Similar Threads - Viruses allowed threats

2. Windows Security Allowed Threats Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Allowed Threats Issue: Windows security has a threat set in the allowed list, yet every day it tells me, that it found the same threat.This is reoccurring issue.Edition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 22H2Installed on: 20-‎Apr-‎22OS build: 19045.3930Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  3. Virus and Threat protection section does not appear in Windows security dashboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat protection section does not appear in Windows security dashboard: I recently fresh-installed Windows 11 Pro, which for some reason would not let me see the virus and threat protection section in windows security dashboard.If I try to access the "scan" functionality from the system tray icon a warning message appears: Page not available Your...
  4. Virus and Threat protection section does not appear in Windows security dashboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat protection section does not appear in Windows security dashboard: I recently fresh-installed Windows 11 Pro, which for some reason would not let me see the virus and threat protection section in windows security dashboard.If I try to access the "scan" functionality from the system tray icon a warning message appears: Page not available Your...
  5. Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.: I've been having an issue where allowed threats don't show up in the Allowed Threats section. I am unable to disallow any threats that I've allowed.How can I fix this? I've been searching online for this issue to no avail.Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just to...
  6. Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.: I've been having an issue where allowed threats don't show up in the Allowed Threats section. I am unable to disallow any threats that I've allowed.How can I fix this? I've been searching online for this issue to no avail.Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just to...
  7. Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats

Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats: Hello and good day to everyone.I have a problem regarding my allowed threats. I been removing it multiple times "Don't allow" to the threats but it keep coming back. I already did a full scan with multiple anti viruses and the computer is clean of it. But the problem is that...
  9. Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats

Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats: Hello and good day to everyone. I have a problem regarding my allowed threats. I been removing it multiple times "Don't allow" to the threats but it keep coming back. I already did a full scan with multiple anti viruses and the computer is clean of it. But the problem is...
  10. Window Security-Virus & threat Protection-Current Threats: there is an "Allowed Threats "...

Window Security-Virus & threat Protection-Current Threats: there is an "Allowed Threats "...: Did I accidentally allow threats run? Window Security-Virus & threat Protection-Current Threats: there is an "Allowed Threats " button I clicked on....