Windows 10: Viruses

Discus and support Viruses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I was told that it was possible that a virus was inside my windows "installation and setup". Is this possible? I then fully factory reset my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xxvai721, Jan 5, 2021.

1. xxvai721 Win User

Viruses

Hi, I was told that it was possible that a virus was inside my windows "installation and setup". Is this possible? I then fully factory reset my pchard disk cleaned, but is there a chance that a virus is still there?

:)

xxvai721, Jan 5, 2021

2. Question on viruses and documents

Once the virus is removed just use a reputable antivirus program like AVG. I suggest AVG because it does check usb devices for viruses automatically once you stick the usb drive into the usb port.

EastCoasthandle, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Unable to remove Viruses

Hi Tony,

I appreciate for performing the steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing.

This issue might occur due to downloading games from a website without any safety precautions on your PC.

Please follow below mentioned issue to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run Microsoft Safety Scanner on your PC to scan and fix the viruses on your PC.

Please refer below link to run the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Note: All your files that are corrupted or virus attached will be deleted while you run Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Method 2:

Step 1: Install Windows Updates and run a full System Scan using
    Windows Defender.

To install Windows Update,

Navigate to “Start->Settings->Updates and Security->Windows update->check for updates->Install updates”.

Or

• Press “Windows key + R” and type
      “control update”
      and press ok.

• Click on check for updates option and click on
      Install updates.
    To run Windows Defender,

• Navigate to “Start->Settings-> Updates and Security->Windows Defender->open Windows Defender”.

• Select the option “full” under
      “scan option”
      and click on “scan now”.
    Note: time taken to scan your full system depends on the size of the file you have on your PC.

Step 2: Uninstall unknown programs.

I would suggest you to check, if any unknown programs are installed on your PC.

• Press “Windows key + X” from your keyboard and click on
      “Control panel”.

• Change to “Large Icon” under “View by” (you will see at right top corner of the windows).

• Click on “Programs and Features” option.

• Select and right click on the unknown programs (if installed) and click on
      uninstall/remove.
    I would like to inform that usually Appdata folder will be hidden, please refer to below link to
    unhide files and folders on Windows 10.

Please follow below mentioned steps to unhide files and folder.

• Press “Windows key + E” from your keyboard.

• Go to the tab View->check “Hidden” option.
    Please get back to us with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Viruses

Does my windows phone really have viruses???

Hi,

Do Not Open Websites like that. they are scareware that scare you that you have viruses and they put the viruses on your phone that are listed. they are called rogue antiviruses. they scare you that you have viruses and they put the viruses that are listed.

websites like antiviruson.com cause these.

so protect yourself from these scarewares.

HamzaShahzad, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Viruses

1. Viruses - Similar Threads - Viruses

2. There a security message claiming to be Microsoft and they are saying ip address has a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There a security message claiming to be Microsoft and they are saying ip address has a virus: There is a voice saying that call Microsoft because my ip address is exposed * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-a-security-message-claiming-to-be-microsoft/3bfd5971-3fdc-4773-ac48-c176dd4f39a1
  3. There a security message claiming to be Microsoft and they are saying ip address has a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There a security message claiming to be Microsoft and they are saying ip address has a virus: There is a voice saying that call Microsoft because my ip address is exposed * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-a-security-message-claiming-to-be-microsoft/3bfd5971-3fdc-4773-ac48-c176dd4f39a1
  4. Virus and threat protection won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection won't open: when i try opening virus and threat protection it says i need IT support but my pc is personal its not a company pc how to i solwe his problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-wont-open/57b7f0af-ce8f-415a-8ac6-d0e348e3396a
  5. Virus and threat protection won't open

Virus and threat protection won't open: when i try opening virus and threat protection it says i need IT support but my pc is personal its not a company pc how to i solwe his problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-wont-open/57b7f0af-ce8f-415a-8ac6-d0e348e3396a
  6. Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan virus: Hello 2 days ago I was downloading something from Chrome like normal but when I opened the downloaded file my windows defender detected a trojan virus I blocked the threats but today any pictures I have on pc aren't opening up and command panel was opening yesterday. Today I...
  7. Trojan virus

Trojan virus: Hello 2 days ago I was downloading something from Chrome like normal but when I opened the downloaded file my windows defender detected a trojan virus I blocked the threats but today any pictures I have on pc aren't opening up and command panel was opening yesterday. Today I...
  8. Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....
  10. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....