Windows 10: VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's

Discus and support VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello All, My first post here so let's hope I'm not breaking any forum rules off the bat (specifically my posting of a Mega video link). I'm pretty... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Turbozuki, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Turbozuki Win User

VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's

Hello All,

My first post here so let's hope I'm not breaking any forum rules off the bat (specifically my posting of a Mega video link). I'm pretty keen to get this looked at so I haven't taken the time to read through all the rules yet but will very shortly - sorry if I happen to break any right now.

Could someone please take a look at the video (link provided following) to see if they have any of the same sort of deal on their computer?

I am currently running:

Windows 10 Pro Retail
    Version 1809
    Build 17763.134
    All Windows Updates are current
    Program Version scan with Sumo Lite and all programs patched

Some but not yet all of my system specs have been filled in for my account to further assist.

The problem:

Some of the default Microsoft .exe's are being flagged by Process Explorer with Check VirusTotal.com enabled though they all seem to be running from the right locations being either WINDOWS\System32 or Program Files\WindowsApps.

This happens regardless of whether I use the 32 or 64 bit Process Explorer.

I regularly run sfc /scannow which comes up clean - I am also in the habit of running DISM commands including RestoreHealth on occasion (E.g., once every 3-6 months) which also comes up clean.

I am not running any dodgy software (I.e., cracks) and do not intend on doing so.

Here is a link to the video I made in OBS showing the results:

https://mega.nz/#!q1YXnKRC!8gTMwksk8...HlAWdXf-I8Q1h0

The computer seems to be working fine and all scans I run come up clean whether it be sfc /scannow, DISM, Windows Defender, MalwareBytes, ESET Online Scanner, Trend Micro Housecall and so on.

I am taking a guess and hoping that these are all false positives(?) at the moment but am not sure and it seems like an awful lot of default Microsoft .exe's being reported - after opinions and/or advice - should I be concerned?

Thanks.

:)

Turbozuki, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Voice Recorder Flags Disappeared

Hi,

I realize the problem you are facing with the voice recorder.

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Are you using windows built-in voice recorder or any other 3rd party voice recorder application?

• If you are using Build in Windows recorder, how did you put the flag?
    If you are using built-in Windows recorder, there is no option to put a flag on recorded voice. Provide us the screenshot of recording interface with Flag.

Refer the steps given in the below link to provide us screenshots:

How to include a screenshot in your post

In case if you are using any 3rd party recorder, then I suggest you to contact the developer of the application for further help.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Windows Flag Logo Gets a Facelift, Not A Flag Anymore

*Laugh :laugh: Windows using a flag why did they call it windows and not flag, looks like they change the flag to windows now i think it abit late for that dont you *Wtf :wtf:

Live OR Die, Nov 24, 2018
  4. VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's

1. VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's - Similar Threads - VirusTotal Flagging exe's

2. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wudf.exe flagged by virustotal: Hi,I recently ran the Autorun program to see what services are started upon Logon. I noticed a file named ''wudf.exe'', original file name ''wudf2.exe''. I ran a virustotal scan and it is flagged. Anyone tell me if this is a legit service, or is it a virus on my system? I...
  3. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wudf.exe flagged by virustotal: Hi,I recently ran the Autorun program to see what services are started upon Logon. I noticed a file named ''wudf.exe'', original file name ''wudf2.exe''. I ran a virustotal scan and it is flagged. Anyone tell me if this is a legit service, or is it a virus on my system? I...
  4. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Virustotal detction

Windows 10 Virustotal detction: When I use autoruns and scan using virus total I get multiple detections for Windows files this window is not pirated and I have done a clean installation multiple times windows security and other security software didn't detect anything here are links for virus total...
  6. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal: 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if...
  7. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal: 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if...
  8. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

9. Replace SmartScreen with VirusTotal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace SmartScreen with VirusTotal: Windows Defender SmartScreen always does false positives. And we are tired of it. Can you replace it with VirusTotal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-smartscreen-with-virustotal/97b9b0fb-159a-4e4b-b56f-5232d333168e
  10. virustotal

virustotal: what does the term "undetected" of virustotal mean? Does it mean "clean"? Or does it mean : engine was not able to determine the status of the file? (=? no engines detected this file) 142803

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virustotal flags a windows system32 file