Windows 10: Visibility of Time Limit Family to User

Discus and support Visibility of Time Limit Family to User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone, can you help? I have just set up time limits for my child but the biggest issue is that there does not seem to be a counter for them to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MedRed2, May 21, 2020.

1. MedRed2 Win User

Visibility of Time Limit Family to User

Hi everyone, can you help?

I have just set up time limits for my child but the biggest issue is that there does not seem to be a counter for them to keep track of their daily usage?

Is there a solution that I am unaware of? I have searched a plenty and found nothing.

Thank you

:)

MedRed2, May 21, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 21, 2020
  3. microsoft family time limit, without any family accounts?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Basically removing the account from the family group, the account will still exist, but it won't have the benefits or restrictions it had within the family group.

In this scenario I suggest you to check if the child account still exists under family group. If yes, you can go ahead and remove the members from the family group. Refer the article
    Remove members from your family group
    for the steps. Please make sure that you are followed and kindly back to us with the results.

From more information, I would suggest you to check the article from
    Daniel Strommen[MSFT] dated March 31, 2017

and refer the section Common issues with time limits.

Meanwhile I would like to inform you that it’s required have an administrator privileges on the computer to make any changes with the user account. I suggest you to try signing in with the administrator password and make the necessary changes.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 21, 2020
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Visibility of Time Limit Family to User - Similar Threads - Visibility Limit Family

2. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  3. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  4. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  5. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  6. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  7. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  8. microsoft family group time limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft family group time limits: i removed myself from our microsoft family group a few weeks ago, and yet i still have time limits active on my account - i had read that accounts not in a family group should not be affected by the time limits set in that family group so you can understand my confusion...
  9. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"
  10. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....