Windows 10: Vision impairment issue with Windows 10 and Office 365

Discus and support Vision impairment issue with Windows 10 and Office 365 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am in need of some help with the color restrictions of Microsoft. I have a vision impairment. I have monocular vision which causes me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DINAVIA, Mar 4, 2020.

1. DINAVIA Win User

Vision impairment issue with Windows 10 and Office 365

Hello,

I am in need of some help with the color restrictions of Microsoft. I have a vision impairment. I have monocular vision which causes me to have be color blind & challenges with depth perceptions. Due to this, my visual spectrum is very unique. The preset color blindness and contrast options are not conducive to my vision. I have worked personally and professionally with a set color pattern for the past 20+ years. However, with the restrictions on color adjustments, i am not able to use this same pattern. What are the requirements by Microsoft to provide more color accomodations for someone with a vision impairment?

:)

DINAVIA, Mar 4, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Tosca Win User
    Customize Edge for vision impaired?

Hi,

I'm testing Windows 10 for my parents, both of whom are vision impaired - still have them on XP with IE 8 and running into many issues with different sites but it's hard for them to adapt to something new at this stage and the white backgrounds, that are default for most things, including Edge, can't be used by either of them.

Edge seems VERY limited in how it can be customized - there doesn't seem to be a way to change even the colors, is that correct? For instance in all versions of IE you can change the background, text, viewed and unviewed links, and hover colors - can this be done in Edge?

And, if not, how can I hide/remove Edge and use the version of IE that comes with Windows 10?

Thank you for any suggestions you might have!
    Rob

Tosca, Mar 4, 2020
  4. bluesmike Win User

Vision Impaired

Just a simple question. I am vision impaired and can't use a watch. I rely on my phone clock. Could someone there do a screensaver clock in LARGE numerals without the fancy shading- Just simple black bold letters.

It would make things so much easier for people like myself.

Both my son and I use Nokia phones for their durability and my slider phone displays large clear numerals for dialing. Why not the clock as well.

bluesmike, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Vision impairment issue with Windows 10 and Office 365 - Similar Threads - Vision impairment issue

2. Office 365 and Windows Activation Issue...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 365 and Windows Activation Issue...: First time here, so hopefully I can explain my issue with ease. So here is what's happening:During the holidays, I haven't touched a single office app, and since yesterday, whenever I tried launching an Office App, lets say Word or Excel, an error occurs after I launch it. I...
  3. The Future Vision of Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    The Future Vision of Microsoft 365: Productivity is personal. Who we are as human beings deeply influences productivity as both a process and an outcome. Our values and beliefs, the needs of our families, our personalities and preferences, how energized or deflated we feel when seeing our Calendars or To Dos...
  4. Office 365 install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 install issue: Bought new laptop with windows 10 and Office 365 from retail store, installed using the provided key, but get "error status 0xc0e90002 System 32 VC runtime not designed to run on Windows" when I try to open Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. How does this get fixed?...
  5. Windows 10 & Office 365 Updated but login issues with 365 apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 & Office 365 Updated but login issues with 365 apps: I now find every time i open any office application i get a popup asking for my MS username & password.But even when i enter it it pops back up all the time???See here for popup I have also gone down the route of deleting the Office16 credentials in the user area but it has...
  6. Windows 10 & Office 365 Updated but login issues with 365 apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 & Office 365 Updated but login issues with 365 apps: I now find every time i open any office application i get a popup asking for my MS username & password.But even when i enter it it pops back up all the time???See here for popup 144364
  7. Upgrade issues Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade issues Office 365: My computer upgraded automatically last night, and now my Word document is deleting comments when I press 'Next Comment'. Googling tells me that there are issues with the 1809 upgrade, but I checked my settings (Settings/System/About) and for some reason I'm on 1803 - which...
  8. Office 365 sign in issue

Office 365 sign in issue: The first time it happened was yesterday. One User at the office had purchased a new laptop and I loaded our company Office 365 on it using their company email account that the license is tied to. They later added their Gmail account to Outlook and I think this is where the...
  9. Office 365 sign in issue

Office 365 sign in issue: Hi all, I had a message popup every time I loaded Outlook saying my password was about to expire in x days. When there was 3 days left I clicked on it and was asked to change my password, which I did. The next day a popup kept coming up asking for my password when I...
  10. Customize Edge for vision impaired?

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Edge for vision impaired?: Hi, I'm testing Windows 10 for my parents, both of whom are vision impaired - still have them on XP with IE 8 and running into many issues with different sites but it's hard for them to adapt to something new at this stage and the white backgrounds, that are default for...