Windows 10: Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10

Discus and support Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Copied documents from desktop computer (which was VISTA) to DVD, then loaded to laptop (which is Win 10). When documents are opened, they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonaldDrewry1, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10

Copied documents from desktop computer (which was VISTA) to DVD, then loaded to laptop (which is Win 10). When documents are opened, they are scrambled. Is there someway to reformat the files to get them to be readable?

:)

DonaldDrewry1, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2019
  3. How do I unscramble a notepad document listed as a "wps" file scrambled in both notepad and wordpad.

How do I unscramble a document listed as a "wps" file. Scrambled in both note-pad and word-pad.

elrlaf4ty6, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10

1. Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Vista documents are

2. Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vista to Windows 10: I have a computer with Windows Vista Enterprise, with a valid product key. I had some problems and got an error message saying I had to reinstall Windows. I don't have the installation disc. I contacted Microsoft to ask for help. They told me to make a bootable drive from...
  3. Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vista to Windows 10: I have a computer with Windows Vista Enterprise, with a valid product key. I had some problems and got an error message saying I had to reinstall Windows. I don't have the installation disc. I contacted Microsoft to ask for help. They told me to make a bootable drive from...
  4. WIndows 10 and scrambled icons on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 and scrambled icons on startup: HiI have recently reloaded Windows 10 and my desktop icons now appear scrambled every time I start up the computer. It never used to happen before the reload. I am using a second screen on extended display. Has a setting changed that I am unaware of? Themes control of this at...
  5. Copying and Pasting Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying and Pasting Documents: I am using windows 10. I recently decided I no longer wanted to back my files up in my Onedrive, so I turned off all the backing up and I am copying the files from the one drive to paste them back into my computer. When I went to my documents in my one drive folder, I could...
  6. Documents and Desktop got scrambled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents and Desktop got scrambled: So if i rightclick the desktop folder in the file explorer it shows the properties for the desktop folder. Then if i put a file in my desktop it also shows in my documents folder pls help idk how to fix this...
  7. Scrambled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrambled: When I print out documents from online, some of the pages are now coming out scrambled. This just started about a week ago. Not sure how to fix it. I didn't change any settings that I know of....
  8. Vista to Window 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Vista to Window 10: I have got a senior center that has 10 pc's that are licensed with Vista and now I want to install/upgrade to Windows 10, how much I would I have to pay for license? Also can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista, or should I be doing a clean install? JohnRoss7...
  9. When I click "copy" on a photo it does not copy to the document.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I click "copy" on a photo it does not copy to the document.: When I click "copy" on a photo or graphic, it does not appear on a document. What appears is a blank square.! How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-copy-on-a-photo-it-does-not-copy-to/e02d839a-33ef-4d09-8cfa-4b4db8b75f3f"
  10. Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vista to Windows 10: How do I do a clean install from Vista Home Premium to Windows 10? What drivers or programs will need to be loaded after the install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/vista-to-windows-10/86a6f3aa-d214-4825-93db-b4a1ae513702