Windows 10: Vista HD into windows 10 laptop Data recover question

Discus and support Vista HD into windows 10 laptop Data recover question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; ill try and be clear and to the point I have an old laptop HD that was from my old VISTA laptop 2013 approx, just the HD with my old files i had from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mattewstice, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Vista HD into windows 10 laptop Data recover question

ill try and be clear and to the point I have an old laptop HD that was from my old VISTA laptop 2013 approx, just the HD with my old files i had from my old laptop which is dead. I have a new windows 10 )newest version laptop. I tried swapping old hd into the win 10 laptop cannot boot it obviously. my question is. Is there any bios add on or free software i can install on my wind 10 laptop whereas when i swap in my old vista hd and enter the bios i can recover just my personal files from this old vista HD, and have them show up when i swap my wind 10 hd back in , in windows 10? WOuld be excellent if so,,,, I just have the HD, i mean doing this without buying an adaptor or anything to get the files off my old HD. can this be done somehow>?

:)

mattewstice, Mar 20, 2021

2. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Mar 20, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Bo$$ Win User

Vista HD into windows 10 laptop Data recover question

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

Thema:

Vista HD into windows 10 laptop Data recover question

1. Vista HD into windows 10 laptop Data recover question - Similar Threads - Vista laptop Data

2. How to recover password protected data from XP vista to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover password protected data from XP vista to windows 11: HI Experts,I have transfered some files and folders to my external HDD from my old computer OS XP vista which was password proteced using CMD prompt. The old HDD crashed and bought a new computer OS windows 11. Now I am not able to open any of the transfered files and videos...
  3. How to recover password protected data from XP vista to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover password protected data from XP vista to windows 11: HI Experts,I have transfered some files and folders to my external HDD from my old computer OS XP vista which was password proteced using CMD prompt. The old HDD crashed and bought a new computer OS windows 11. Now I am not able to open any of the transfered files and videos...
  4. recover data, external HD fatal error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover data, external HD fatal error?: I have an external hard drive that I use to store my homework, and it stopped working yesterday. I've looked up a bunch of tips online, such as how to add a drive letter, update drivers, and even downloaded a few programs to try to recover the data. The disk management screen...
  5. recover data, external HD fatal error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recover data, external HD fatal error?: I have an external hard drive that I use to store my homework, and it stopped working yesterday. I've looked up a bunch of tips online, such as how to add a drive letter, update drivers, and even downloaded a few programs to try to recover the data. The disk management screen...
  6. recover data, external HD fatal error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD?: I was encrypting my external HDD using Bitlocker. At about 50%, the cable got unplugged. When I connected the HDD again, it says the drive is locked. When I enter the password, it does not accept. When I use the recovery key, it does not accept it as well. Bitlocker has...
  8. Recover Data from Laptop HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recover Data from Laptop HDD: Hello I have a Lenovo Laptop , with an internal HDD drive of 1 TB . Now i have a problem with it , it's no longer working , when i enter the BIOS setup to check , it shows me HDD ," not detected " , and sometimes yes " Detected " and i can see the name of my HDD. I...
  9. transfer all data from vista to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer all data from vista to windows 10: Hi . I have been running vista. now I have a new computer a Dell with windows 10 pre installed. I have made a full back up to an external hard drive from my old vista and would like to transfer all that data from the external hard drive to the new windows 10...
  10. Moving contacts data from vista laptop to win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving contacts data from vista laptop to win 10 laptop: I'm running home edition in both and trying to export contacts from old vista laptop to flash drive, then import to 'people' on win 10 laptop . Do I do it as csv -common separated values ...or vCards (folder of .vcf files) thanks in anticipation of a solution. 25821