Windows 10: Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation

Discus and support Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my wife's (old) Sony Vaio laptop running an OEM copy of Windows Vista Professional to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by towline, Apr 18, 2019.

1. towline Win User

Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation

I upgraded my wife's (old) Sony Vaio laptop running an OEM copy of Windows Vista Professional to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool. However, the original product key from the MS label is repeatedly not accepted as valid.

So in my case the hardware is the same and I installed Win10 Pro over the original Vista premium license (and deleted the old OS due to space). Thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

towline, Apr 18, 2019

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Thanks Andre.

Just as I knew...

My original question was why I wasn't able to chose Win10 Pro when using the MCT from within Win7 Pro OEM. I'm guessing my original suggestions were correct?

Henry

HenryHonda, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation

Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries.

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version
    2. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)
    Thanks for any advice I can get...

BobMac1547x, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation

1. Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation - Similar Threads - Vista Pro OEM

2. Vista business to win10 what version pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vista business to win10 what version pro?: I have an old dell laptop runs vista business, which version of 10 does it take? I dont think home sounds right, education neither, just leaves pro? - - - Updated - - - its pretty slow right now, but maybe an SSD would make a big diff. thing is dont want to spend much money...
  3. Win10 Pro Installed but not activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro Installed but not activated.: I just built a new PC with my dad. I installed windows using the USB. I entered the product key and it installed windows. But when I was going to change some personalization windows was not activated but I have windows 10 Pro. So how is this possible. Today I just got a...
  4. OEM WIN10

OEM WIN10: I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-win10/35b29683-88c4-4146-9af7-0188387e2c61
  5. Win10 Pro Activation

Win10 Pro Activation: I purchased a computer with Win10 Home, then purchased Win10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, It failed on the install for some reason, I then put my Win10 key back in. After an windows update, it somehow upgraded to Win10 Pro but is not activated. I cannot find my...
  6. Will a 64bit Vista driver work with 64bit Win10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will a 64bit Vista driver work with 64bit Win10 Pro?: I have an old PCI TV tuner card ATI HDTV Wonder I'm considering buying an adapter for to use on my new PC, but it's so old the last driver they made for it was for 64bit Vista which worked with 64bit Win7. I don't want to waste money on a PCI to PCIe adapter just to use the...
  7. Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

Win10 Pro OEM key invalid: Hi, I'm trying to update my Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro (OEM CD) but when I punch in the key it says "the product key you entered didn't work. check product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)". I'd prefer to upgrade the "easy" way...
  8. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro: Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version. My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to...
  9. win10 oem

win10 oem: Purchaced a OEM DVD of win10 --I am not sure what to look for when looking for the product code. I am accustomed to seeing 4 sets of 5 numbers but do not see the set on this package. 68932
  10. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....