Windows 10: Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a windows vista laptop that was upgraded to windows 7. Later it was upgraded from 7 to 10 using the free upgrade. THe windows 7 upgrade was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomCarroll6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade.

I have a windows vista laptop that was upgraded to windows 7. Later it was upgraded from 7 to 10 using the free upgrade. THe windows 7 upgrade was probably not registered. Now, over a year later I need to activate windows 10 home 32 bit. I can't go back to 7 because the free upgrade wiped out that option and the vista product key won't work. Can i buy just the activation Key, or do I have to buy windows 10? Other options?

:)

TomCarroll6, Sep 20, 2022
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade.

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade.

1. Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Vista product key

2. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't activate with a product key: Hello,Windows 10 is asking me to activate it. I have located my product key, but Windows 10 absolutely refuses to accept it. It has detected that I have changed my motherboard and CPU, and has decided that this time out of the previous 3-5 times I have changed my motherboard...
  3. Windows 10 won't activate with a product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't activate with a product key: Hello,Windows 10 is asking me to activate it. I have located my product key, but Windows 10 absolutely refuses to accept it. It has detected that I have changed my motherboard and CPU, and has decided that this time out of the previous 3-5 times I have changed my motherboard...
  4. Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade.: I have a windows vista laptop that was upgraded to windows 7. Later it was upgraded from 7 to 10 using the free upgrade. THe windows 7 upgrade was probably not registered. Now, over a year later I need to activate windows 10 home 32 bit. I can't go back to 7 because the free...
  5. Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade.

Vista product key won't activate free windows 10 upgrade.: I have a windows vista laptop that was upgraded to windows 7. Later it was upgraded from 7 to 10 using the free upgrade. THe windows 7 upgrade was probably not registered. Now, over a year later I need to activate windows 10 home 32 bit. I can't go back to 7 because the free...
  6. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue: I had Windows 7 on my computer and updated to Windows 10. When prompted to activate Windows, I used my Windows 7 product key and it didn’t work. What do I do?...
  7. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue: I had Windows 7 on my computer and updated to Windows 10. When prompted to activate Windows, I used my Windows 7 product key and it didn’t work. What do I do?...
  8. Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Product Key

Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Product Key: Hello Everyone! I thought y'all could help out me with this. I've tried to update my Windows 10 Product key using My Windows Vista Product key which was already pasted on My PC Machine. But it didn't work. So I thought of Purchasing A Genuine Windows Product Key from My Local...
  9. Lost Windows 10 product key from windows Vista upgrade

Lost Windows 10 product key from windows Vista upgrade: Hi all, My old PC was a windows Vista PC. I had upgraded the windows edition to 10. My old PC packed in over a year ago and I have just built a new PC. I would like to use my old Windows 10 product key on this computer as my old one is no longer working. The windows Vista...
  10. Can a Product Key Windows Vista activate Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a Product Key Windows Vista activate Windows 10 Pro?: Hello Everyone, I was recenlty given an HP Compaq dc7900 minitower (Energy Star) that was bought in 2010. I decided to see if I can upgrade it. I added more RAM, put in an SSD and added a good Graphics Card. On the tower, there is a sticker with the activation key to...