Windows 10: Vista upgrade to Windows10

Discus and support Vista upgrade to Windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys i have a friend with an old laptop running Vista what is the best way to upgrade it to W10 ?? Can i upgrade to W7 then on to W10 ? Or is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by flashh4, Nov 7, 2018.

1. flashh4 Win User

Vista upgrade to Windows10

Hey guys i have a friend with an old laptop running Vista what is the best way to upgrade it to W10 ??
    Can i upgrade to W7 then on to W10 ?
    Or is there another way without buying W10 ?
    I checked to see if it would run W10 and it's processor and stuff will !
    Any answers appreciated !

Thanks
    Chuck

:)

flashh4, Nov 7, 2018

2. Upgrade from Vista to Windows10, I get an error, that I need to boot from and setup from the usb.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • From where have you downloaded the Windows 10 ISO?
    • Are you getting any error message?

As you have mentioned that you are trying to upgrade from Vista to Windows10, to install Windows 10 on your computer from Windows vista you can only perform clean installation using the Windows 10 installation media through Windows 10 ISO file. Upgrade is
    only available if you have installed Windows 7 or windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

So is suggest you to perform clean installation using Windows 10 ISO and you should have the full version product key for Windows vista to activate the Windows 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Vista upgrade to Windows10

Screen Resolution problem after upgrading to windows10

After upgrading my PC to windows10 from windows 7 vista, i am facing screen resolution issue. It is showing only 800*600 and 1074*864, which is making my windows10 experience bitter. Please suggest the solution.

amit_choudhary9, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Vista upgrade to Windows10

1. Vista upgrade to Windows10 - Similar Threads - Vista upgrade Windows10

2. Windows Vista upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista upgrade: Hi there. I purchased 6 PC's a while back via a business which is no longer running but I still have the PC's which were kept in storage up until recently. They are all running windows Vista for Business. The problem I have is I missed out on the free upgrade to windows 7...
  3. Windows Vista upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista upgrade: Hi there. I purchased 6 PC's a while back via a business which is no longer running but I still have the PC's which were kept in storage up until recently. They are all running windows Vista for Business. The problem I have is I missed out on the free upgrade to windows 7...
  4. Windows Vista Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista Upgrade: I have an older desktop that came with Windows Vista. For the past few days, the computer turns on but Windows does not start. I have tried turning it on several times. Usually I get the "Windows Error Recovery" screen and then after a few seconds, the screen goes dark. Once...
  5. Windows Vista Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista Upgrade: I have an older desktop that came with Windows Vista. For the past few days, the computer turns on but Windows does not start. I have tried turning it on several times. Usually I get the "Windows Error Recovery" screen and then after a few seconds, the screen goes dark. Once...
  6. Windows Vista Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Vista Upgrade

8. Windows Vista Upgrade

9. windows vista upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows vista upgrade: Hi, I bought "Microsoft Windows 10 Professional - OEM - ESD online" digital product key to upgrade my windows vista home premium to windows 10 professional, "how do i proceed?" Thanks Francis...
  10. Vista upgrade to Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Vista upgrade to Windows10: Hey guys i have a friend with an old laptop running Vista what is the best way to upgrade it to W10 ?? Can i upgrade to W7 then on to W10 ? Or is there another way without buying W10 ? I checked to see if it would run W10 and it's processor and stuff will ! Any answers...