Windows 10: Visual Basic 6 in read only mode

Discus and support Visual Basic 6 in read only mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Visual Basic 6 Pro, Service Pack 4 on an old, spare PC loaded with Windows XP Pro which I use to run some older programmes not compatible with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karis, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Karis Win User

Visual Basic 6 in read only mode

I have Visual Basic 6 Pro, Service Pack 4 on an old, spare PC loaded with Windows XP Pro which I use to run some older programmes not compatible with Win 10. It's been working away happily for around 6 years with all my other legacy programmes but I haven’t used VB on it since February 2016. I recently needed to update some schematic drawings but I now find that although I can still open the files, the software is in "view only" mode meaning I can no longer create, change or save files.

It...

Karis, Jul 31, 2018

2. Visual Basic 6 help

It depends.. If you need your program to work on Windows XP or later then 2010. If not then 2012. I have 2012 installed on one of my Windows 8 boxes, but I don't use it as much. Did you not try what I suggested above? I have Visual Studio 6 on a VM. So, I loaded up the VM and tested my code above and it works. I'm with Ford and think you should move over to .net, but your transition my take a week or two. If you need this to work now, then I would suggest you finish this project in VB6. Once you get the hang of .net then re code it in .net. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Visual Basic 6

I use Visual Basic 6 (learning edition)

It installed and runs fine under Win 8.1, but I could never get it to install under Win7

My question - will it run under Win10

Thanks in advance

JeffreyBradley, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Visual Basic 6 in read only mode

Visual Basic 6

I moved this thread to "Programming & Webmastering". I suggest not to use vb6 and go with vb.net 2010 or 2012 express. I'd also, suggest if you are learning from the ground up then start with c#. *Toast :toast:

Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop

Mindweaver, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Visual Basic 6 in read only mode - Similar Threads - Visual Basic read

2. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  3. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  4. Visual Basic 6 program under Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic 6 program under Win11: My Visual Basic 6 programs are running under Win11.Connecting strings is working properly:txt = "abc" & "def"The result is "abcdef"BUT if I connect two string-variables the second part disappears.tx1 = "abc"tx2 = "def"txt = tx1 & tx2under Win 11 the result is only "abc".Is...
  5. Visual Basic 6 program under Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic 6 program under Win11: My Visual Basic 6 programs are running under Win11.Connecting strings is working properly:txt = "abc" & "def"The result is "abcdef"BUT if I connect two string-variables the second part disappears.tx1 = "abc"tx2 = "def"txt = tx1 & tx2under Win 11 the result is only "abc".Is...
  6. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Basic: I am not able to install visual basic as it says setup couldn'tinstall microsoft application error reporting and then there are a bunch of application for which it said setup did not try to install following componentsAnybody help regarding this issue.I ran sfc /scannow Also...
  7. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: Has Visual Basic been replaced by Visual Studio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-basic/c5d63cd8-ffa3-4adf-8603-702b84032213
  8. Visual Basic not running in Windows S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Basic not running in Windows S mode: Hey so I've been trying to run Small Basic on my brother's laptop in so he can complete coding work for school. Every time he clicks run the program crashes. His computer is in Windows s mode though I have activated the required sections of Windows that should allow visual...
  9. Visual basic 6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual basic 6: Can anyone please let me know from where I can download Visual basic 6 IDE from Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-basic-6/beef1cc9-3873-45af-886e-4bc16c6425c3
  10. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: I have several programs written in Basic in the late 80's or early 90's . Will these run in Visual Basic? If no, is there are Basic language that will run them? I am running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. visual basic 6 project is read only

2. vb6 read only