Windows 10: Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates

Discus and support Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft added a new known issue to all cumulative updates that it released for Windows client and server versions in August 2019. The issue states... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Aug 15, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates

Microsoft added a new known issue to all cumulative updates that it released for Windows client and server versions in August 2019.

The issue states that applications may stop responding if they use Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic for Applications, or Visual Basic Scripting Edition. Apps may throw the error "invalid procedure call error" in that case.

After installing this update, applications that were made using Visual Basic 6 (VB6), macros using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), and scripts or apps using Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) may stop responding and you may receive an "invalid procedure call error."

Cisco XenApps appear to be affected by the issue according to a post on Born's site.

Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates windows-visual-basic-issue-august-2019.png

All cumulative updates that Microsoft released appear to be affected by the issue. The known issue has been added to release pages for all supported versions of Microsoft Windows:

Microsoft notes that it is investigating the issue currently and that it plans to distribute an update as soon as the issue is resolved.

Microsoft revealed plans last month to disable VBScript by default on machines running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2. The company disabled VBScript on machines running Windows 10 a month early already.

Microsoft has not revealed additional information about the issue; it is likely that it is related to the announced disabling of VBScript on all versions of Windows.

Organizations -- and the bug affects organizations for the most part -- who run apps or tools that require a Visual Basic flavor may want to block the August 2019 updates until the issue is resolved. Those who have installed the patches already can uninstall the Windows Updates to resolve it.

Closing Words

An issue that affects all different versions of Visual Basic on all supported versions of Windows, that is a major one. Microsoft really needs to rethink testing and evaluating of updates to avoid major breakage like this from happening especially if it concerns in-house products like Visual Basic.

Now you: what is your take on this issue?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks/). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft Visual Basic for Application

Hi Geeker13,

Are you experiencing this problem when using Microsoft Visual Basic? Or when running any program unrelated to Visual Basic? In the mean time, try installing the latest Windows updates since an update for the Microsoft Visual Basic might be oferred. Running
    the System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management command-utility tool might also help resolve the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Open the Start menu, type cmd, right-click on
      Command Prompt
      and select Run as administrator.
    2. Input the following command-line and press Enter after each line.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /scannow

If you need further assistance, simply post a reply on this thread and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Adrianne Buc, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates

Windows 10 validity and Visual Basic issue

Go into Windows 10, click on the windows key then the icons right above the windows key which lists all available programs, go down to Visual Studio and then click on Visual Basic. This should get you back to square one.

MSgtDanShelby, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates

1. Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates - Similar Threads - Visual Basic issues

2. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  3. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  4. Program written with Visual Basic Express 2010 > updated with Visual Studio 2019 > Withou...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program written with Visual Basic Express 2010 > updated with Visual Studio 2019 > Withou...: I haven't found the solution for a year. Solutions from MS communities did not solve yet.There must be a way to solve this problem.I'm asking for your help. Only users who have installed, for example, VS 2019 can open the program.The problem is opening / reading the file:...
  5. Program written with Visual Basic Express 2010 > updated with Visual Studio 2019 > Withou...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program written with Visual Basic Express 2010 > updated with Visual Studio 2019 > Withou...: I haven't found the solution for a year. Solutions from MS communities did not solve yet.There must be a way to solve this problem.I'm asking for your help. Only users who have installed, for example, VS 2019 can open the program.The problem is opening / reading the file:...
  6. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: Has Visual Basic been replaced by Visual Studio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-basic/c5d63cd8-ffa3-4adf-8603-702b84032213
  7. Visual Basic WinForm - Visual Studio 2019

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Visual Basic WinForm - Visual Studio 2019: Hi, If I'm not in the correct forum, please advise me of where I should be posting this. I have written a program that required I call System.Security.Cryptography to create a File Hash. I'm using MD5. However, for me to add my program to the Microsoft Store, I cannot...
  8. Windows 10 update August 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update August 2019: The update for Windows 10 August 2019 has been running for 3 hrs. Why is it taking so long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-august-2019/58bea869-9c6d-4db7-9b1c-fdb3975f7aad
  9. WIndows 10 August 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 August 2019 Update: Since the August 2019 update came through my office computer has slowed to the point of absolute frustration, every task takes upwards of 15 seconds to register once the mouse is clicked. More significantly in Office 365. Simple tasks like a spelling correction in Word takes...
  10. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: I have several programs written in Basic in the late 80's or early 90's . Will these run in Visual Basic? If no, is there are Basic language that will run them? I am running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 august 2019 update vb6 issue

2. windows august 2019 vb6 issues

3. windows 2019 update vb

4. visual basic known issues,
  5. issues with visual basic,
  6. Access Visual Basic CRASH in Office 2019,
  7. Visual Basic 2016 not working in 2019,
  8. VB6 excel windows 10 updartes,
  9. windows visual basics update,
  10. windows fall 2019 update excel issues,
  11. old Access file does not work with visual basic 2019,