Windows 10: Visual Basic not running in Windows S mode

Discus and support Visual Basic not running in Windows S mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey so I've been trying to run Small Basic on my brother's laptop in so he can complete coding work for school. Every time he clicks run the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Oliver Horton, May 20, 2020.

1. Visual Basic not running in Windows S mode

Hey so I've been trying to run Small Basic on my brother's laptop in so he can complete coding work for school. Every time he clicks run the program crashes. His computer is in Windows s mode though I have activated the required sections of Windows that should allow visual Basic code to operate. I've also tried to run another visual Basic coder and the same result happened. Any ideas what is wrong? Is it S mode?

:)

Oliver Horton, May 20, 2020

2. Microsoft Visual Basic for Application

Hi Geeker13,

Are you experiencing this problem when using Microsoft Visual Basic? Or when running any program unrelated to Visual Basic? In the mean time, try installing the latest Windows updates since an update for the Microsoft Visual Basic might be oferred. Running
    the System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management command-utility tool might also help resolve the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Open the Start menu, type cmd, right-click on
      Command Prompt
      and select Run as administrator.
    2. Input the following command-line and press Enter after each line.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /scannow

If you need further assistance, simply post a reply on this thread and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Adrianne Buc, May 20, 2020
  3. Bill Smithers, May 20, 2020
  4. Visual Basic not running in Windows S mode

Visual Basic 6

I moved this thread to "Programming & Webmastering". I suggest not to use vb6 and go with vb.net 2010 or 2012 express. I'd also, suggest if you are learning from the ground up then start with c#. *Toast :toast:

Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop

Mindweaver, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Visual Basic not running in Windows S mode

1. Visual Basic not running in Windows S mode - Similar Threads - Visual Basic running

2. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  3. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  4. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quicker Basic software and S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quicker Basic software and S mode: I have tried to install Quicken Basic - I was told it does not "work" in Microsoft S modeNot sure what I need to do nextI have tried uninstalling 4 timesIt will not call upAny ideas ?...
  6. Quicker Basic software and S mode

Quicker Basic software and S mode: I have tried to install Quicken Basic - I was told it does not "work" in Microsoft S modeNot sure what I need to do nextI have tried uninstalling 4 timesIt will not call upAny ideas ?...
  7. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Basic: I am not able to install visual basic as it says setup couldn'tinstall microsoft application error reporting and then there are a bunch of application for which it said setup did not try to install following componentsAnybody help regarding this issue.I ran sfc /scannow Also...
  8. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: Has Visual Basic been replaced by Visual Studio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-basic/c5d63cd8-ffa3-4adf-8603-702b84032213
  9. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: I have several programs written in Basic in the late 80's or early 90's . Will these run in Visual Basic? If no, is there are Basic language that will run them? I am running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Laptop....
  10. Visual Basic 6 in read only mode

Visual Basic 6 in read only mode: I have Visual Basic 6 Pro, Service Pack 4 on an old, spare PC loaded with Windows XP Pro which I use to run some older programmes not compatible with Win 10. It's been working away happily for around 6 years with all my other legacy programmes but I haven’t used VB on it...