Windows 10: Visual Basic Script VBS: Cannot delete files and Folders. Error 70 - Permission Denied

Discus and support Visual Basic Script VBS: Cannot delete files and Folders. Error 70 - Permission Denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From windows Explorer or a Batch Window everything works fine: rmdir, del and manual Delete as well.Trying to delete the same folder or file via Visual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bela Tamas Jozsa, May 3, 2021.

1. Visual Basic Script VBS: Cannot delete files and Folders. Error 70 - Permission Denied

From windows Explorer or a Batch Window everything works fine: rmdir, del and manual Delete as well.Trying to delete the same folder or file via Visual Basic using the FileSystemObject always results in Error: 70.The cscript Process is started as an admin, the Folder is not Protected still vbs has Troubles

:)

Bela Tamas Jozsa, May 3, 2021

2. Script 70: Access Denied

When i try displaying animated banners & get the response, Script 70 error : Access denied error pops up

DipayanBanerjee, May 3, 2021
  3. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Visual Basic Script VBS: Cannot delete files and Folders. Error 70 -  Permission Denied :(

lyndonguitar, May 3, 2021
  4. silkstone Win User

Visual Basic Script VBS: Cannot delete files and Folders. Error 70 - Permission Denied

Cannot delete .Trash-999 folder

So I am trying to delete a folder from my secondary HDD called .Trash-999 that is from and ubuntu bootdisk. I managed to do it on the c:\ drive, but on my d:\ drive i am getting an error telling me that i don;t have permission to delete it.

I recently had a problem with windows permissions and fixed it on the c:\ drive with a windows re-install but i accidentally set up windows on d:\ The files contained within are from a mistaken windows install, which i tried to delete through ubuntu, it seems that ubuntu was able to move the files to the trash, but unable to delete them entirely.
    When i go to security on the folder, it tells me that i don't have permission to do this action. although the permissions on the folder gives re/write to everyone. However, when i go to the individual folders in there, no one has permission and when i try to give permission i get an access denied message.

Update - I just found a nifty little program that adds a take ownership option to the right click menu, this has allowed me to (finally) delete all the folders/files i need to.

silkstone, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Visual Basic Script VBS: Cannot delete files and Folders. Error 70 - Permission Denied

1. Visual Basic Script VBS: Cannot delete files and Folders. Error 70 - Permission Denied - Similar Threads - Visual Basic Script

2. Visual Basic Command Line uses 70% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic Command Line uses 70% of CPU: Visual Basic Command line uses 70% of CPU when I restart my PC I tried scanning for Viruses from PROTGENT AV and removed the viruses but the issue still persists I saw other replies where one solution was to scan for files through FRST and then download the Fixlist.txt and...
  3. Visual Basic Command Line uses 70% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic Command Line uses 70% of CPU: Visual Basic Command line uses 70% of CPU when I restart my PC I tried scanning for Viruses from PROTGENT AV and removed the viruses but the issue still persists I saw other replies where one solution was to scan for files through FRST and then download the Fixlist.txt and...
  4. VBS script opening error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VBS script opening error: Hi guys.A .vbs script in the startup/programs folder that should open on every startup displays the following error and the script fails to run every time.The error message is -' Creates a SR point during the first startup of the day ' Option Explicit Dim SRP, CSRP, objWMI,...
  5. VBS script opening error

VBS script opening error: Hi guys.A .vbs script in the startup/programs folder that should open on every startup displays the following error and the script fails to run every time.The error message is -' Creates a SR point during the first startup of the day ' Option Explicit Dim SRP, CSRP, objWMI,...
  6. VBS script opening error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot open folder, permission denied

Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  8. Cannot open folder, permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  9. VBS Visual Basic Scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VBS Visual Basic Scripts: Im sure most of you know about VBS which stands for Visual Basic Scripts . I just want to talk about what they are and what windows defender see's in them. Now you can make vbs scripts in notepad which is really helpful since its already on your computer! People use it to...
  10. Cannot find script file 1.vbs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot find script file 1.vbs: I keep on receiving a Windows script file error saying Cannot find script file "C:\ProgramData\Windows\profile\1.vbs" I have run a malware scan multiple times but i still keep on getting this error....