Windows 10: Visual bug on the new "Dark" File Explorer

Discus and support Visual bug on the new "Dark" File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there! Yesterday I got the Windows 10 October 2018 update, and opening the File Explorer I saw what you can see in the picture below I just wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Luca_Beati, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Visual bug on the new "Dark" File Explorer

Hey there! Yesterday I got the Windows 10 October 2018 update, and opening the File Explorer I saw what you can see in the picture below

I just wanted to know if I'm the only one with this visual "bug" and if there's a way to fix it. (It only looks like this when I click on any of my drives)

Version: 1809

OS Build: 17763.194

Thanks!

Visual bug on the new "Dark" File Explorer d261eeb9-68a0-4a11-bc1a-28bd67ba3fd5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Luca_Beati, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Pauli O Win User

File Explorer Dark Mode

Dark mode for File Explorer is coming next version v1809 which will be released very soon.

Quote from Insider Blog announcement for build 17733:

What’s new in Build 17733 Dark Theme in File Explorer

With
    Build 17666
    we started our journey bringing dark theme to File Explorer. Today’s build marks the turning point where we’ve finished what we set out to do for this release.

Read more:

Inspired by Insiders - Dark Theme in File Explorer - Windows Insider

Pauli O, Dec 18, 2018
  3. File Explorer Dark Mode

ah cool, i'll just wait for the update then

thanks

AlvinMorris2, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Visual bug on the new "Dark" File Explorer

File Explorer Visual Glitch

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried to select a different file outside the File Explorer window to check if the issue persists?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a clean boot and check if the issue persists. If performing a clean
    boot
    on your device resolves your concern, it means that a third party software is causing the issue. We suggest that you uninstall or disable them. The steps on how to perform a clean
    boot
    are provided on this link.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Visual bug on the new "Dark" File Explorer

1. Visual bug on the new "Dark" File Explorer - Similar Threads - Visual bug Dark

2. Windows 11 File Explorer UI Bug Dark theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer UI Bug Dark theme: Hello. I recently found a bug in dark theme file explorer. I dont know what these buttons are called, but one of them is displayed incorrectly. The weirdest thing that this bug is not observed in the white theme. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer UI Bug Dark theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer UI Bug Dark theme: Hello. I recently found a bug in dark theme file explorer. I dont know what these buttons are called, but one of them is displayed incorrectly. The weirdest thing that this bug is not observed in the white theme. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer UI Bug Dark theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer UI Bug Dark theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug: [ATTACH] Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0 is black and unreadable submitted by /u/tommasovdev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9s97t/explorer_dark_mode_text_unreadable_bug/
  7. File explorer on dark mode illegible bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer on dark mode illegible bug: Dark mode works beautifully on everything, except File Explorer. A highlighted selected item is legible, but becomes stark white with white text once the selected item's window is deselected still keeping the selected item selected, causing a light grey/white illegible...
  8. File Explorer background dark

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer background dark: Hey After an update, the background in my file exlorer turned very dark. I tried changing the theme, and tired with high contrast. The only thing that changes is the header, the background stays the same. [img] 138766
  9. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  10. Dark Theme Explorer Bug

Dark Theme Explorer Bug: Ever since the dark themed explorer came out, I have this one issue that I tried to fix for quite some time. My explorer looks ugly and well, this. Look at the menu, the accent color, smaller text. Color isn't what it should be, and is unreadable without highlighting AND...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dark file explorer bug

2. explorer dark bug