Windows 10: Visual bug while updating Windows

Discus and support Visual bug while updating Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I couldn't successfully install optional update from Windows Update so I decided to try to install the update from Microsoft Update Catalog, it stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mateusz Kasperowicz, May 12, 2021.

1. Visual bug while updating Windows

I couldn't successfully install optional update from Windows Update so I decided to try to install the update from Microsoft Update Catalog, it stopped after Stage 1. And now while updating Windows from Windows Update I have Stage 2 of 2 to 30% and then after restart Stage 1 of 2 to 100%It's in Polish as you can see.Why these stages show up reversed and why it appears in the first place? I want to get rid of this visual bug and I don't know how. I tried everything I could think of - cleaning Windows Update, uninstalling the update, restarting Windows Update, cleaning registry with CCleaner. Ca

:)

Mateusz Kasperowicz, May 12, 2021

2. Windows update hangs

Hi Heinz,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the Visual C++ updates are updating constantly number of time again and again. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Start and type Programs and features.
    • Select all the listed programs with the Microsoft Visual C++
      and Uninstall them.

If restart is prompted Suggest you to restart. If not, after the Uninstall is done
    Go ahead and check for the updates in Windows Updates and install the updates for Microsoft Visual C++
    and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 12, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 12, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Visual bug while updating Windows

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Visual bug while updating Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Visual bug while updating Windows

1. Visual bug while updating Windows - Similar Threads - Visual bug while

2. Windows 11 Captions visual bug on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Captions visual bug on screen: I haved tested the Captions feature on the windows, which writes all the audio listened in the system. But, in the place that the application appears, now the Config app can't use it, even if I hardly try to it use the top part....
  3. Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update: So, since May I've encountered a rather odd visual bug in my windows update settings page. I usually check it before shutting down in case of pending updates, and ocasionally, a .Net Framework update appears where updates would be. But then it disappears and it says I'm all...
  4. Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update

in Cortana
    Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update: After installing the June 2021 cumulative update I noticed a minor visual glitch with the search bar. I noticed the theming/coloration within the search bar would glitch out whenever an application was launched or the taskbar was updated ex: Location services icon/pinging....
  5. Windows 10 "X" visual bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "X" visual bug: Hi Everyone, Sometimes when I am using Windows 10 Apps, the interface often looks like this, with loads of "X" across, on top of buttons and other random elements. How can I solve this? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  6. bizarre visual bug in applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bizarre visual bug in applications: Hi, my computer was working fine after the windows problem solver applied some random setting to try and fix my audio and it made my applications have these weird patterns all over can someone help me?[IMG]...
  7. Screen twiching visual bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen twiching visual bug: Hello, Since the new update, I have been experiencing a visual bug. When i change my keyboard with alt + shift shortcut, I can see a bar with the 2 keyboard settings int the middle of my screen on the right side. Its really annoying. Reinstalling graphics drivers didn't work....
  8. Strange visual bugs/glitches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange visual bugs/glitches: I've been getting really annoying visual bugs/glitches since the 1909 update. The strange thing is, it's not across all programs, it's a select few that have this issue. All of Microsoft Office 2019 has this issue for example, but so does Waves Central and Game Loop. It's a...
  9. Windows visual bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows visual bug: Hello here is a bug that i depared and i dont know how to fix it, help me. #windowsbugs[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-visual-bug/4dcffd98-dd8d-4513-b6e5-7ef811876569
  10. April Update visual effects bugs?

in Windows 10 Support
    April Update visual effects bugs?: Hello, Sorry if this has been asked many times before. I noticed in this video that the April Update of Windows 10 seems to have several visual effects issues here and there, for which I'm quite OCD about. I was wondering if these issues shown in the video has been fixed yet...