Windows 10: Visual C++ Lots of entries ?.

Discus and support Visual C++ Lots of entries ?. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upgraded from 8.1 to 10(build 10586) on 15th July. Only just expanded the "installed on" date. Do I leave them as is, delete some(which ones), or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulco, Aug 28, 2016.

1. paulco Win User

Visual C++ Lots of entries ?.

Upgraded from 8.1 to 10(build 10586) on 15th July.
    Only just expanded the "installed on" date.
    Do I leave them as is, delete some(which ones), or check for updated versions(which ones) ?.
    Not had any errors related to them.

Visual C++ Lots of entries ?. [​IMG]

:)

paulco, Aug 28, 2016

2. side by side configuration is incorrct

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You are getting this error message because Microsoft Visual C++ is damaged or missing.

To uninstall all current Microsoft Visual C++ installations

a. From within the Start screen, type "Control Panel"

b. If viewing categories, click Programs and click Uninstall a Program.

If viewing icons, click Programs and Features.

c. Scroll down to locate the Microsoft Visual C++ entries.

d. Select each one, starting from the top entry, and choose Uninstall.

e. Do this for each entry, until there are no more Microsoft Visual C++ entries listed.

You can install the latest Supported Visual C++ Downloads.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667/en-us

Once the package has been downloaded and installed, restart Windows.

Finally, launch the program and check the issue.

Let us know if it helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Windows update hangs

Thanks Sumit

it kind of worked, but now I have the Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142) Installed successfully 5 Times!!! When I check for updates it again brings me the same update (KB3119142) as "available"??

In the Control Panel update list I find 2 entries vor Visual C++:

Visual C++2010x64Redistributable 10.0.40219 and

Visual C++2010x86Redistributable 10.0.40219

I am a bit lost (I am not an expert!!)

HeinzSchwab, Aug 28, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

I assume you game (maybe on Steam) because I too have a fair number of entries and its games installing them because they need a specific version.

Visual C++ Lots of entries ?. [​IMG]

swarfega, Aug 28, 2016
  5. paulco Win User
    Kind of thought some would be re games. The older dates though threw me, so windows upgrade has left the old required ones ?.

paulco, Aug 28, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    nah some games require the older versions.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2016
  7. paulco Win User
    Thanks, i'll call my query solved.

paulco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Visual C++ Lots of entries ?. - Similar Threads - Visual C++ Lots

2. Visual C++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++: Yesterday I noticed while I was on discord using my focusrite 18i20 and it was working fine then all of a sudden it stopped working I wasn't sure what happened but it was late so I shut the computer down and didn't think much of it. Today however I am getting this alert...
  3. visuals c++

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visuals c++: i was on a game then i got an error and kicked me off my game and i had a look and it said i have to install mircosoft visuals c++ runtime packages and it wont let me install it keeps on coming on with an error everytime i do try so what should i do ?...
  4. visual c++

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    visual c++: trying to install visual c++ 9.0.30729.4148 year 2008 64 10.0.40219.0 year 2010 64 and 86 getting a 1935 error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c/d6fbee25-d522-4e91-b323-a0dc2ebea0fb
  5. Visual C++

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual C++: I just uninstalled all of my Visual C++ files mistaking it for malware, what is the easiest way to reinstall them all? Could you let me know which ones I need currently. Is there much to be worried about should i avoid using my computer until they are reinstalled? If you...
  6. Visual C++

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual C++: When ever i start to install visual c++ from microsoft i get an popup asking me to temp to locate the installer but nothing is there so i say ok at default location brings it back up say cancel and it said failure to install. OS windows 10 home hdd 7200 rpm...
  7. Visual C+

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual C+: Is it ok to delete Visual C+ ? I have no room on my computer for even updates, since installing Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c/515b2cc6-1000-4f4b-8762-6fa635cf659b"
  8. visual c++

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual c++: My computer says that I have c++ on my computer. How do I access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/visual-c/bf85a632-0e3c-4d1b-b305-86ec15c4ad8a
  9. Multiple Visual C++ Redistributable entries in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Visual C++ Redistributable entries in Programs and Features: As you can see on the screenshot attached, I have both 32bit and 64bit entries of the same version of Visual C++ Redistributable. I have 64bit system. Is this normal or I can remove 32bit version? Also, do I have to have 2008, 2010 and 2012 versions installed at once, or is...
  10. Visual C+++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual C+++: HP had the Visual C+++ installed on here, do I need to installed it myself? Not sure what its for!!!! 97889