Windows 10: Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall

Discus and support Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to install any Visual C++ Redistributable on my usual Windows 10 PC, it asks me to browse to an vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi file of the older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JulianB2, Sep 15, 2018.

1. JulianB2 Win User

Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall

When I try to install any Visual C++ Redistributable on my usual Windows 10 PC, it asks me to browse to an vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi file of the older Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime but I don't have it, I don't find it and it needs to be exactly the 14.0.23918 version.

The issue is, a newer redistributable is requires by the software I want to use and I don't know anything about Microsoft's visual redistributables.

It would be nice if anyone could help me, so I don't have to reset Windows.

:)

JulianB2, Sep 15, 2018

2. Visual C++ Redistributable won't install?

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Andre Da Costa, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x64 Installation Failure

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Andre Da Costa, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) not installing

Hi Yoda,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This error may occur when the Microsoft Visual C++ is not compatible with 10.

Follow the below steps:

a) Press Windows key + x key and select Programs and Features.

Refer to the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall

1. Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall - Similar Threads - Visual C++ Redistributable

2. Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled: Need help. I recently uninstalled all the Visual c++ redistribution from my laptopAsus , and after sometime It started shutting down and displayed a blue screen and sometimes the Asus Bios Utility EZ mode page. I've tried all the different options but unable to have any...
  3. Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled: Need help. I recently uninstalled all the Visual c++ redistribution from my laptopAsus , and after sometime It started shutting down and displayed a blue screen and sometimes the Asus Bios Utility EZ mode page. I've tried all the different options but unable to have any...
  4. Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable: Can anyone please confirm for me if you can "Safely" delete old versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable up-grades as I have so many clogging up my hard drive and have been since 2005. Any correct advice would be appreciated, even if it is pointing me into the...
  6. Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables: Hello. Can someone please helpe me I was actually running csgo without visual c++ redistributables and it somehow worked. And I was getting around 80 fps but when I installed the 2015-201920132012Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables I noticed some lag performance on my...
  7. C++ redistributable uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C++ redistributable uninstall: Can I uninstall C++ redistributable packages that are older than the most current one? For example, if I have 2008, 2012, and 2016 installed, can I uninstall 2008 and 2012? submitted by /u/Havonasun [link] [comments]...
  8. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: How do we know that which program is using what Redistributable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-redistributables/2fb060a0-a830-431f-9930-ba0e03640005
  9. visual c++ redistributables

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual c++ redistributables: New hard disk drive. Question 1: Does a new Windows 10 (Pro - Enterprise) install include any visual c++ redistributables as part of the operating system? Question 2: Does a new Microsoft Office install include any visual c++ redistributables as part of Office? Yes -- C++...
  10. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013,2017. Are tall of them the same, i mean just an upgraded version of the first one. Do i need to have them all instaled on my pc?, thanks...