Windows 10: Visual C++ redistributables and associated runtime

Discus and support Visual C++ redistributables and associated runtime in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This query is about how Visual C++ redistributables and runtime are used by the OS. Background In a recent upgrade from win7 to win10, I encountered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Davidk03, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Davidk03 Win User

Visual C++ redistributables and associated runtime

This query is about how Visual C++ redistributables and runtime are used by the OS.

Background

In a recent upgrade from win7 to win10, I encountered a program malfunction that - with a lot of experimentation - led to the probable cause being visual C++ redistributables installed under win7 migrated "in-place" to win10. Specifically, the program with them worked in win 7, the migrated combination did not work in win10, but when installed from scratch on a "clean" win10, did work.

Question 1

How is the runtime necessary to make the redistributable package work installed

a. as part of the OS?

b. as part of the package itself?

Question 2

Could a runtime/package combination used in win7 and migrated to win10 be repaired in win10 without re-installing absolutely everything, including the OS?

If so, how?

:)

Davidk03, Dec 27, 2019

2. Runtime Error - Microsoft Visual C++ Library

Hi Thierry,

Based on the information you have provided above, it appears that the issue is specifically with the game itself or its components. For us to resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Clean boot.

A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, an update, or when you run a program in Windows. Please see
    this link for the steps.

Step 2: You may also reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

You can uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and check if it helps.

To uninstall the package:

• Open Programs and Features.
    • From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and click on it.
    • Right click on it and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Download and install the latest package and see if it helps.

Here's the link for the latest supported Visual C++ downloads

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Win10 Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library R6034 solution

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The issue is caused due to missing Visual C++ libraries, you may download and install the Runtime components of Visual C++ libraries from the link below:

You can uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Step 1: To uninstall the package:

• Open Programs and Features by Windows + R keys to open Run command and type “Appwiz.cpl”
    • From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and click on it.
    • Click Uninstall at the top of the list.

Step 2: Download and install the latest package to see if it helps.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Note: Install anyone as per the Operating System installed on your computer.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Visual C++ redistributables and associated runtime

Visual C++ Redistributable won't install?

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Andre Da Costa, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Visual C++ redistributables and associated runtime

1. Visual C++ redistributables and associated runtime - Similar Threads - Visual C++ redistributables

2. Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One: I lost a visual c++ and not knowing which one it was I download a mega pack Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One now I have the space and am not experiencing any slowdown so I guess keeping all of them is okay ?...
  3. Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One: I lost a visual c++ and not knowing which one it was I download a mega pack Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One now I have the space and am not experiencing any slowdown so I guess keeping all of them is okay ?...
  4. Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled: Need help. I recently uninstalled all the Visual c++ redistribution from my laptopAsus , and after sometime It started shutting down and displayed a blue screen and sometimes the Asus Bios Utility EZ mode page. I've tried all the different options but unable to have any...
  5. Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled: Need help. I recently uninstalled all the Visual c++ redistribution from my laptopAsus , and after sometime It started shutting down and displayed a blue screen and sometimes the Asus Bios Utility EZ mode page. I've tried all the different options but unable to have any...
  6. Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable: Can anyone please confirm for me if you can "Safely" delete old versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable up-grades as I have so many clogging up my hard drive and have been since 2005. Any correct advice would be appreciated, even if it is pointing me into the...
  7. Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables: Hello. Can someone please helpe me I was actually running csgo without visual c++ redistributables and it somehow worked. And I was getting around 80 fps but when I installed the 2015-201920132012Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables I noticed some lag performance on my...
  8. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: How do we know that which program is using what Redistributable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-redistributables/2fb060a0-a830-431f-9930-ba0e03640005
  9. visual c++ redistributables

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual c++ redistributables: New hard disk drive. Question 1: Does a new Windows 10 (Pro - Enterprise) install include any visual c++ redistributables as part of the operating system? Question 2: Does a new Microsoft Office install include any visual c++ redistributables as part of Office? Yes -- C++...
  10. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013,2017. Are tall of them the same, i mean just an upgraded version of the first one. Do i need to have them all instaled on my pc?, thanks...