Windows 10: Visual C++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error" with LogonUI.exe at startup

Discus and support Visual C++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error" with LogonUI.exe at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I booted the computer just now, I got this error box pop up just before the lockscreen would normally appear: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrpantsinator, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Visual C++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error" with LogonUI.exe at startup

When I booted the computer just now, I got this error box pop up just before the lockscreen would normally appear:

I found the log for the error in the Event Viewer:

This error has occurred before but only seems to occur very rarely, and I can just click "OK" and the box disappears and then it skips to the logon screen.

I have run an SFC scan and also a DISM scan via elevated command prompt and neither have detected any issues. I've also checked the startup items by looking in Task Manager, the only startup item that was listed was for Nvidia GeForce Experience which I didn't even have installed so I used Regedit to remove it but this error still occurs from time to time.

I do have several versions of the Visual C++ Runtime Library installed, two of them by the Nvidia drivers, another three by some games I have installed. Other than those games, those libraries and Firefox the only other thing I have installed is ESET Nod 32 Antivirus.

Talking of Antivirus I'm fairly confident I do not have a virus or any kind of malware on the system causing this. It's a clean install of Windows 10 from a few days ago and I've not installed much on it as I say. Nod 32 hasn't detected anything when I've run an in-depth scan and I even went as far as to install Malwarebytes and did scan with that which also did not find anything wrong.

I'm obviously inclined to think it's one or more of the Runtime libraries that have been installed by the nvidia drivers/games I have on the system seeing as the error is about the visual C++ runtime but, is there a way to tell which one? My first thought would be the ones installed by the nivida drivers seeing as that's the only thing that would run at boot and that's when this error shows up.

Edit: Well, thanks ever so much for all the wonderful help.

:)

mrpantsinator, Aug 7, 2016

2. runtime error

the machine is a emachines el1852g-52w

the exact error is

microsoft visual c++ runtime library

runtime error!

program c:\windows\system32\logonui.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

please contact the application's support team for more information.

Deceptijohn, Aug 7, 2016
  3. NVIDEA Display Driver Service make LogonUI boot error!

When I enable, NVIDEA Display Driver Service in System Configuration (msconfig),

I get error on boot, Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library:

Runtime Error!

Program C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogonUI.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an

unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more infomation.

Build 14257.

SupermHawk, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

Visual C++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error" with LogonUI.exe at startup

1. Visual C++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error" with LogonUI.exe at startup - Similar Threads - Visual C++ Runtime

2. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error: Hi! Can anyone help me with this problem? It started to show up this message when I installed a program called "Codeblocks" So I deleted it and everytime this error message pops up my CPU usage goes to 100% and it's so lag : Even though I already deleted the program it...
  3. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error: Hi! Can anyone help me with this problem? It started to show up this message when I installed a program called "Codeblocks" So I deleted it and everytime this error message pops up my CPU usage goes to 100% and it's so lag : Even though I already deleted the program it...
  4. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error: I'm running Windows 10, fully updated on a new install. After installing Office 2013 and Adobe CS5.5 I'm getting a message on start up 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime ErrorDoes anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error: I'm running Windows 10, fully updated on a new install. After installing Office 2013 and Adobe CS5.5 I'm getting a message on start up 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime ErrorDoes anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error on Startup: Hi,I keep on getting this error on the startup of my computer. When I click, "Retry", nothing happens. How do I resolve this?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error-on/7816f869-7403-4ceb-885f-2ae0266facc4
  8. Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual C++ Runtime Library Error: I need help about an error Asseration Failed error [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-runtime-library-error/d122de83-9b19-4d6f-8bac-5d64dc005233
  9. Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library runtime error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library runtime error: I am trying to use Roxio DVD maker and when I try to import photos I get a message - Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library Runtime error! Program:...ram Files (x86) Roxio\Media Import10\Media Capture 10 exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an...
  10. Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Visual C++ Runtime Library Error: I get this error message each time within about 5 minutes after I reboot. [img] It only pops up once and I click OK and it disappears until I reboot again. I have noticed no ill effects when it pops up or shortly before it pops up or after it pops up. But, it gives...