Windows 10: Visual display problems after installilng windows 10

Discus and support Visual display problems after installilng windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Until recently, I was a satisfied Windows 7 user. However, Microsoft announced that it will soon stop supporting Win 7. Therefore, I added a SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by N-Str, Aug 18, 2019.

1. N-Str Win User

Visual display problems after installilng windows 10

Hi,

Until recently, I was a satisfied Windows 7 user. However, Microsoft announced that it will soon stop supporting Win 7. Therefore, I added a SSD hard disk and installed windows 10.

I have some vision problems as well as some sort of Photosensitive epilepsy. I mention this because I don't seem to be able to setup Windows 10 properly, and consequently, I suffer eyestrain, headaches, nausea etc.

It seems the problem results from the installation of Windows 10, because apart from adding the SSD hard drive, I did not change anything. Everything was fine ok Windows 7.

I hope you can help me setup Windows 10. I need your assistance regarding 2 issues:

A. Make sure that there is no dithering, flicker, etc.

Most importantly, I need your assistance in order to setup the system such that it will avoid using DITHERING, FRC and other methods that are sometimes used regarding the visual display.

I am not sure, but if I remember correctly, I used to set Windows 7 on 16-bit color, thereby allowing the graphic card deal with the 1920X1200 resolution without dithering etc.

However, I was not able to set the colors to 16-bit. I only saw the 32 option.

I wonder whether this leads WIN10 or the GPA do something that results in my suffering eyestrain, headache, nausea etc.

I tried to install updated drivers for the display and for the Graphic card. I also tried to change in the color management settings. However, it did not help and moreover, I do not know how to revert to the original settings.

I am not familiar with these technical issues, so I really hope you can help me with this, especially since I can no longer lookup things using windows 7.

B. Improve personalization regarding text size, colors, etc.​

The second issue concerns 'personalization' issues. I managed to change some settings, but I cannot find various options I used in Windows 7.​

For instance, I think I used to change the DPI in order to enlarge everything. I can't find it. When I try to increase everything, it does not really increase everything. Certain text remains very small. That happens also if I enlarge the text.​

When I try to change the theme, I see only some of the options I had in Windows 7, concerning colors, font size etc. Some high contrast themes do not allow other changes etc. I would appreciate it if you could help me with this too.​

Hardwarespecifications

Motherboard ASUS P8H77-M / CSM ​

Processor Intel i5-3470 CPU@ 3.20GHz 6MB 1155 QUAD​

RAM 8GB (DDR3)​

GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB​

Display NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXI2, DVI-D, 1920x1200​

System Windows 10 home 64-bit​

Thank you,

:)

N-Str, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Visualizations for Media Player with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What exactly are you trying to do?

• Have you tried any steps to set up visualizations?

I would suggest you to refer to the following Help Article and check if that helps.

Visualizations for Windows Media Player.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/windows-media-player-visualizations

Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance we will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Visual display problems after installilng windows 10 - Similar Threads - Visual display problems

2. Display problems in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display problems in windows 10: When i conect a second display to the laptop it doesnt recivve signal.In Nvida control panel it is detected but the monitor is grayed outSame in windows settingsWhen i reinstall the graphics driver it works while the laptop is on but after restart it,sleep mode the second...
  3. Windows 10 Display Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Display Problem: When I opened my computer this morning I found that the lower part of the screen is out of sync with the rest of the screen. Restarting didn't help. When using print screen and snipping tool, it shows the display as it should be. I would appreciate your help.This is what my...
  4. Windows Visual Display issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Visual Display issues: Have the following display glitch. Only appears to happen on Windows Apps. Have just reinstalled windows to try and fix the issue. Any help appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-visual-display-issues/1311faab-b6dd-41be-b01b-101bf09295da
  5. Windows Visual Display issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Visual Display issues: Have the following display glitch. Only appears to happen on Windows Apps. Have just reinstalled windows to try and fix the issue. Any help appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-visual-display-issues/1311faab-b6dd-41be-b01b-101bf09295da
  6. Windows Visual Display issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Weird visual glitches on 3 Windows 10 DISPLAYS

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird visual glitches on 3 Windows 10 DISPLAYS: Hi team, I'm getting these really odd reverted colours glitches on 3 Windows 10 machines: all doing the same thing. They're displaying text as white on a white background in Word Processing apps, Audacity and others, and I cannot see what options are available in file...
  8. Visual Problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Problem in Windows 10: Good day!I started noticing recently that a lot of apps and sites won't show properly,they'll be somewhat unclear as if it had a trouble loading,even tho I have good internet and I have performed multiple software scanning by various antimalware and scanning programs.Here you...
  9. Windows 10 display problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 display problem: I have a problem with the way that Windows 10 now displays some of the features. For example, when I click on the time & date at the bottom right corner, the calendar used to open on the right side of screen along the full length. But now, it only opens in the top half of the...
  10. Windows 10 problem with display after wake up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 problem with display after wake up: I have a problem when after my Windows 10 desktop wakes up after sleep, my chrome or Edge window that I had open reappears up in the left corner and downsized from my personal adjustment before sleep. It's a pain having to re-adjust the window every time it wakes up. Nobody...