Windows 10: Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in...

Discus and support Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So i recently upgraded my computer case, power suply and graphics card. I had first upgraded the case and psu and everything seemed normal. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cristhian.2, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in...

Hi,

So i recently upgraded my computer case, power suply and graphics card. I had first upgraded the case and psu and everything seemed normal. Then a week later I finally received my gpu and i installed it. Everything ok until I noticed shadow grid like textures in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019. I thought “maybe I need to reinstall gpu drivers”. So I used the ddu tool and reintalled latest Nvidia drivers. Same issue. Then in other games, I noticed other anomalies like light showing through objects and walls, which i hadn’t seen before. At that point, I contacted Nvidia support, and they walked me through a series of troubleshooting technics, none that worked. Final suggestions included swaping to another gpu to really see if the issue was really the gpu. So I did, and same issue! Lastly, I reinstalled Windows 10, made sure bios, chipsets, audio, and LAN drivers were updated from manufacturer’s site. Now on top of the in game issues, my desktop background shows visual noise and some pixels with a slightly different color in some parts. I know it’s not the monitor because I have taken many screenshots where the issue is visible for Nvidia to see. Nvidia has concluded it’s not the gpu since the issue persist on both gpus. I don’t know what else I can possibly try. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I have a RTX 3080 also RTX 2060 for troubleshooting, Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gb of ddr4 3200 ram, asus prime x570-p motherboard, corsair rm850 gold plus modular power supply. 1TB samsung sata ssd and 250 gb samsung m.2 nvme ssd where windows is installed. I have also tested ram with windows built in memtest, no reported issues. Windows is fully updated.

:)

Cristhian.2, Oct 29, 2020

2. Background Wallpaper

Hello Svetlana,

I think you did not get what I ask about wallpaper, I have mentioned that is it possible to set the background wallpaper at home screen and menu list screen not the LOCK SCREEN. I know for lock screen wallpapers can be set. In windows phone 8 we can set
    only black and white background for home screens. I don't know what Microsoft has think to put such thing in mobiles. At least wallpapers supposed to be there for HOME SCREENS.

Rahul_WP8_620, Oct 29, 2020
  3. casparf Win User
    Desktop wallpaper, actual pixel sizes

Hi,

I've just spent a few minutes fiddling in Photoshop, trying to figure out the right pixel sizes for wallpaper on my Orange-branded Nokia 6680.

If you have one & are interested, it seems to me that 176 pixels wide x 184 high is the best-fit. The full screen rez is 176 x 208, but the menu bar takes up the bottom 24 pixels, so if you size an image to fit the full resolution it gets distorted.

I thought this might be a good chain for others to post similar info for other Nokia models, if affected by such issues Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in... :)

Cas
    Message Edited by on 03-Feb-2007

11:14 AM

casparf, Oct 29, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in...

Background always pixelated

Hi Panda

A picture with a resolution of 300 X 168 is no suitable to be used as a background wallpaper on your laptop

Your laptop has a resolution of 1366 X 768 so any image you download must have at least that resolution

Where are you downloading those images from, try to use a website that allows for full resolution downloads, rather than low resolution alternatives and once you get the proper resolution version of those images, your wallpaper will not be pixelated . ..

DaveM121, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in...

1. Visual noise, certain parts of the background wallpaper have pixelated distortions, and in... - Similar Threads - Visual noise certain

2. Weird Visual Pixel Glitch on certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Visual Pixel Glitch on certain apps: This problem started when I went to take a screenshot of something on the Porofessor app by using the keyboard shortcut shift+windows key+s. It's been almost a month and I still get this glitch and to make matters worse, I just discovered that it's happening on Wallpaper...
  3. Distorted wallpaper on snapping windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted wallpaper on snapping windows: I need help with a weird problem. I'm currently using an Odyssey G9 monitor along with a super ultrawide wallpaper. When I snap a window to one side, for some reason the wallpaper gets distorted like the screenshot shown below. Anyone know how to fix? [IMG]...
  4. Distorted wallpaper on snapping windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Distorted wallpaper on snapping windows: [ATTACH] I need help with a weird problem. I'm currently using an Odyssey G9 monitor. When I snap a window to one side, for some reason the wallpaper gets distorted like the screenshot shown below. Anyone know how to fix?...
  5. Static noises / distortion in audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static noises / distortion in audio: I have a problem with static noises / distortion in my speakers, after launching PC these noises appears right away while I play some videos or music. I found the only way to remove them - is restarting PC, after that, all noises disappears. But this solution is not enough...
  6. background noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    background noise: Hello, Why there is a background noise when I am taking movie. How can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-noise/ef5bacaf-5de3-4666-bf21-d2232f2dceb0
  7. Background always pixelated

Background always pixelated: Hello, I try to use a wallpaper but it always comes out pixelated even if I choose the resolution that is the same as my monitor. I dont know if this helps but i use a dell latitude 3380 laptop. And also every picture I download has a resolution of 300x168 and i cant change...
  8. Background wallpaper

Background wallpaper: In Windows 7 you could set a sideshow as a Main Folder and it would pick up all subsidiary folders also, so that the random shots would trawl through all folders. In Windows 10 it seems you can only nominate 1 folder. Is there a way around that? Thx...
  9. wallpaper/backgrounds

wallpaper/backgrounds: My win 10 home edition will not let me change my wallpaper anymore since the Oct. update. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet and none of them work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaperbackgrounds/af486ca3-6b31-4d3e-a8d0-68eab56808ef
  10. Background noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Background noise: Hi, gang, here's my new problem. I'm getting what sounds like background music from my speakers even when I'm not online. I tried the troubleshooter on the sound, but it didn't help. any ideas what needs to be done? 42191